Ann's Snack Bar
Ann's Snack Bar is a small restaurant in the Kirkwood neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia famous for its hamburgers. It was owned and operated solely by Ann Price, known to patrons as "Miss Ann," and has been in operation since 1971.
The house special is called the "Ghetto Burger," a double bacon chili cheeseburger with a secret ingredient, which her patrons named as a joke. Another signature burger with cole slaw is called the "Hood Burger." 
A 2007 Wall Street Journal article called the Ghetto Burger the best hamburger in America. In the same article, the author declared Atlanta to be the best city for hamburgers, citing the Vortex (in Little Five Points and Midtown Atlanta) and the EARL (in East Atlanta) as other Atlanta restaurants with top hamburgers. Fans include celebrity Sean Combs and a "horde of Twitter-driven food enthusiasts", who began to discover the restaurant after a 1998 Atlanta Constitution article.
Price had been attempting to sell the restaurant and retire since 2009, initially setting the value at $1.5 million. As of late 2010, the difficult real estate market had forced her to lower her asking price.
Price died on April 18, 2015 at the age of 72. Cause of death was not stated, but Price had been suffering from blood clots and cancer. The restaurant is still open, as Price had taken on assistants over the few years prior including her cousin Adele, and it is currently being run by Price's sister and three brothers.
- Kim Severson and Robbie Brown (2010-11-26). "Burgers Selling Fast, but the Restaurant Is Not". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- Raymond Sokolov (2007-03-27). article "The Best Burger" Check
value (help). Wall Street Journal.
- "Five tasty burger joints worth visiting". CNN. 2009-04-16.
- "Annie 'Ms. Ann' Bell Price". 2015-04-19. Retrieved 2015-04-19.
- "Ann's Snack Bar (Re-visited)". 2013-06-08. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
- "After Ann, a burger shack pushes ahead". 2016-01-28. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Ann's Snack Bar: a First Trip and History Lesson". 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2015-05-08.
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|