Ann K. Levine
February 3, 1974
|Education||University of Miami (B.Sc.) |
University of Miami School of Law (J.D.)
|Occupation||Law School Admission Consultant|
|Known for||The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert|
|Spouse(s)||Brent E. Levine|
|Website||Law School Expert|
Raised in Alabama, Levine attended Lee High School in Huntsville. She then earned her bachelor's degree in communication in 1996 from the University of Miami While at the University of Miami, Levine was inducted into the Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, and the Omicron Delta Kappa honor society. After college, she earned a Juris Doctor degree magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 1999. While in law school, she served on the Inter-American Law Review, was inducted into the Society of Bar and Gavel—which recognizes achievement in law school—and was elected as a member of the prestigious honor society, Order of the Coif.
After law school, Levine worked as the Director of Student Services at the University of Denver College of Law. She then moved on to be the Director of Admissions at California Western School of Law in San Diego, California. She was then the Director of Admissions at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, California for six months. After this, she worked as an associate attorney at the law firm, Hill & Associates from 2002 until 2004. Levine said of her time with the firm, "the work wasn’t what I’d imagined it to be."
After leaving the firm, she founded Law School Expert, a company that assists law school applicants through the law school admission process. Since becoming a professional law school consultant, she has commented on law school admissions for several publications including Above the Law, US News and World Report, the Buffalo Law Journal, Hispanic Outlook, and LawSchooli.com and is a regular contributor at Law School Podcaster.
Ann wrote The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert. The book covers writing personal statements, selecting an LSAT preparation method, creating a strong resume (with samples), choosing law schools, explaining weaknesses, getting in off a waiting list, negotiating scholarships, and applying as a non-traditional or international applicant. The Law School Admission Game is a bestselling law school guide on Amazon.com. The first version of The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert sold more than 6,000 copies and is consistently a bestselling law school guide on Amazon. The book received the 2010 Next Generation Indie Book Award finalist honor and has been reviewed by legal related publications like the Wyoming Law Journal.
Her second book, published in October 2011, is a guide for prospective law students, current law students, and recent graduates planning their careers. The Law School Decision Game: A Playbook for Prospective Lawyers is available now on Amazon in paperback or for Kindle readers.
Levine lives in California with her husband (Brent E. Levine)—who is an attorney—and her two daughters. She volunteers with the Anti-Defamation League. In 2009, she received the Ginsberg Award from the Anti-Defamation League at their National Leadership Conference in Washington DC.
- 1996 commencement of the University of Miami, May 10, 1996
- The AALS Directory of Law Teachers (1989), page 46
- Gonzalez, Alexander. "Author, UM alumna Ann Levine to demystify law school admission process". themiamihurricane.com. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- Wilson, John. "Need a Law School Expert? Meet Ann Levine". policydiary.com. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- U.S. News & World Report - "As Law School Tuitions Climb, So Does Demand", Katy Hopkins, July, 2010 
- Buffalo Law Journal - "Droves of would-be lawyers taking LSAT", Kelsey Swanekamp, Aug 2009 
- Hispanic Outlook - "An Open and Shut Case: Expert Advice Provides Edge When Applying to Law School", Melissa Campbell, Dec 2009 "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-13. Retrieved 2010-07-22.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- LawSchooli.com - Law School Admissions Advice with Ann K. Levine, Evan Jones, Jul 2013 
- Hear Ann's Podcasts here Law School Podcaster Archived June 18, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Glengarry Award listing at Selfpublishing.com Archived 2010-12-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Award Press Release at Lawschoolexpert.com Archived October 24, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Wyoming Law Journal - Book Review "The Law School Admission Game: Play Like an Expert", Gregory Dykeman, Feb 2010 
- Ginsberg recipient list on UM Alumni website Archived July 16, 2011, at the Wayback Machine