Shoket received her BA from New York University.
She is the author of The Big Life: Embrace the Mess, Work Your Side Hustle, Find a Monumental Relationship, and Become the Badass Babe You Were Meant to Be. The book is a guide for millennial women who are young, hungry, ambitious and want to craft a career and a life on their own terms. She was editor-in-chief of Seventeen from 2007-2014. She began her career as a reporter at Steven Brill's The American Lawyer, then created the webzine Tag, an online community of artists and writers. Shoket was also senior editor with the Parade family of publications, and executive editor of CosmoGIRL! magazine. While at CosmoGIRL! she created a "CosmoGIRL! Born to Lead" patch program with The Girl Scouts and she developed a national leadership campaign with The White House Project with the goal of putting a reader in the White House by the year 2024.
- Ann Shoket's official website
- Biography at Magazine Publishers of America website
- Ann Shoket at IMDB
- Biography in Russian
- Michelle Lodge (August 25, 2011). "Women in Communication". NY Women in Commincations. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "Ann Shoket named Seventeen Editor". New York Observer. January 3, 2007. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "Executive Profile Ann Shoket". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "Seventeen Magazine Editor Ann Shoket is Guest Judge Tonight on America's Next Top Model". Reality TV Fans. November 11, 2009. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "INTERVIEW WITH ANN SHOKET, EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, SEVENTEEN". American Eagle Outfitters. August 2, 2011. Retrieved February 6, 2013.