|Born||North Perth, Ontario, Canada|
|Genre||Memoir, children's literature|
|Notable works||One Thousand Gifts|
Ann Voskamp is a Canadian author, blogger, and memoirist on themes of Christian women's spirituality, and the author of multiple books, including the New York Times bestseller, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, as well as The Broken Way: A Daring Path Into the Abundant Life and WayMaker: Finding the Way to the Life You’ve Always Dreamed Of.
Ann Voskamp was born and raised in North Perth, Ontario, in a farming community. She began her blog, titled "A Holy Experience" with a focus on the homeschooling of her children. Voskamp also used the blog to count blessings as a way to address fears, which led to interest from a literary agent. In 2011, her blog was listed as #85 in the Babble.com list of Top 100 Mom Blogs.
In 2010, her memoir One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are was published by Zondervan. It was listed on the New York Times Best Seller list for 60 weeks. It also appeared on Christian bestseller lists, and Voskamp appeared on The Today Show after the book was featured by Kathie Lee Gifford. One Thousand Gifts also received an award of merit in the 2012 Christianity Today Book Awards. On Twitter, a conversation based on the book happened under the hashtag #1000gifts, and was described by the New York Times as "readers share their own moments, like 'seeing the beauty in the mess' and 'sitting down at the table to eat dinner as a family.'"
Selections from One Thousand Gifts was published as a gift book edition in 2012. Her memoir continued in The Broken Way (2016), and Waymaker (2022). In 2022, she announced a children's book, titled Your Brave Song, would be released in early 2023.
Voskamp has also been a supporter of refugee rights, and protested United States refugee policies outside of the 2017 National Prayer Breakfast by holding a sign stating "We Welcome Refugees" and praying, before attending the National Prayer Breakfast as an invited guest. She is a co-founder of the We Welcome Refugees organization, has travelled to Iraq to meet with refugee Yazidi women, and has sponsored refugees from Syria and Africa through the Canadian PSR Programme. She has also worked with Compassion International and other advocacy groups.
- One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are (2010), Zondervan ISBN 9780310412359
- Selections from One Thousand Gifts: Finding Joy in What Really Matters (2012), Zondervan ISBN 9780310313540
- The Greatest Gift: Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas (2013), Tyndale House ISBN 978-1-4143-8708-6
- Unwrapping the Greatest Gift: A Family Celebration of Christmas (2014), Tyndale House ISBN 9781414397542
- The Broken Way: A Daring Path Into the Abundant Life (2016), Zondervan ISBN 9780310346562
- WayMaker: Finding the Way to the Life You’ve Always Dreamed Of (2022), Thomas Nelson ISBN 978-0-310-35219-8
- Beaty, Katelyn (October 21, 2016). "How Gratitude Made Ann Voskamp an Activist". Christianity Today. Retrieved 10 December 2022.
- Lim, Anne (March 4, 2020). "'Don't be comfortable but share the comfort of Christ': Ann Voskamp". Eternity. Retrieved 10 December 2022.
- Nelson, Marcia Z. (April 25, 2012). "Ann Voskamp: Farm Wife and Publishing Phenom". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 11 December 2022.
- Babble Staff (December 21, 2011). "The Top 100 Mom Blogs of 2011: Full List". Babble.com. Burbank, CA: The Walt Disney Company. Archived from the original on March 22, 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- CT Staff (January 2012). "2012 Christianity Today Book Awards". Christianity Today. Carol Stream, IL. Retrieved 10 December 2022.
- O’Leary, Amy (2012-06-02). "Christian Leaders Are Powerhouses on Twitter". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2022-12-06.
- von Stamwitz, Alicia (September 14, 2016). "Staying Real and Low to the Ground: PW Talks to Ann Voskamp". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 11 December 2022.
- Wenner, Emma (March 23, 2022). "Ann Voskamp to Debut a 'Song-Like' Children's Book". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 11 December 2022.
- Bailey, Sarah Pulliam (February 2, 2017). "This popular author came to D.C. from Canada to pray for refugees outside Trump's prayer breakfast speech". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2022-12-06.
- "Ann Voskamp | HuffPost". www.huffpost.com. Retrieved 2022-01-27.
- "Raw, pungent brokenness". WORLD. Retrieved 2022-01-27.
- "CBN TV - 700 Club Interactive â€" July 20, 2011". Cbn.com. Retrieved 2020-02-29.
- "100 Huntley Street". 100huntley.com. Retrieved 2020-02-29.
- Reviews for One Thousand Gifts
- Stone, Rachel (August 8, 2011). "Why Gratitude Is Not Enough". Christianity Today. Archived from the original on August 23, 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2022.
- Boyett, Micha (August 26, 2011). "'One Thousand Gifts,' Reconsidered". Christianity Today. Retrieved 11 December 2022.
- Gilley, G. E. (2012). "One Thousand Gifts, A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are". Journal of Dispensational Theology. 16 (48): 85–89 – via EBSCOhost.
- Parker-Jones, Bernice (October 21, 2019). "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are". The Presbyterian Outlook. Retrieved 11 December 2022.
- Reviews of The Broken Way
- "The Broken Way: A Daring Path into the Abundant Life". Publishers Weekly. September 26, 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2022.
- Neds-Fox, Zena (October 27, 2016). "Ann Voskamp – The Broken Way". Englewood Review of Books. Retrieved 11 December 2022.
- Review of WayMaker
- "WayMaker: Finding the Way to the Life You've Always Dreamed Of". Publishers Weekly. January 12, 2022. Retrieved 11 December 2022.