Anna Lisa Ruud
30 March 1933
|Died||21 March 2018 (aged 84)|
|Occupation||Actress of film, television, and stage|
Anna-Lisa (born Anna Lisa Ruud; 30 March 1933 – 21 March 2018) was a Norwegian-born actress who appeared primarily in American films and television series, until she returned to Norway in the early 1970s, where she became a puppeteer.
In the late '50s, she guest-starred in the Western television series Sugarfoot, Maverick, and Bronco, all of which were aired by ABC/Warner Bros. She guest-starred on the 1960 series, The Islanders, an adventure/drama set in the South Pacific, and on Bonanza (episode: "The Savage") and Gunsmoke (episode: "The Blacksmith").
Anna-Lisa then acquired a recurring role as Nora Travers in the ABC Western series Black Saddle, with Peter Breck and Russell Johnson. Her success in Black Saddle resulted in roles in two spaceflight-themed feature films: the 1959 Three Stooges comedy Have Rocket, Will Travel and a year later in 12 to the Moon. She continued to appear in such television series as GE True, hosted by Jack Webb, until she left Hollywood to follow a career on the stage.
She appeared in an episode of The Millionaire in 1959, the episode ".45 Caliber" of Laramie, a 1963 segment of Perry Mason, "The Case of the Velvet Claws" as Norma Vickers, and the 1964 episode "The Village of Guilt" of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Among her last roles in 1966 and 1970, respectively, were as Huldah Swanson and Eleanora in the episodes "The Hat That Huldah Wore" and "The Man Who Planted Gold in California" of the syndicated series Death Valley Days. In the former segment, she played a young Swedish immigrant coming west to meet her intended husband for the first time.
In the early 1970s, she moved back to Norway. From 1976 until she retired from stage in 1995, she was a puppeteer at the Oslo Nye theatre in the Norwegian capital.
- Sea Hunt - season three, episode 23 (1960)
- Bonanza (1960) - Ruth Halversen / White Buffalo Woman in the episode "The Savage"
- 77 Sunset Strip (1960-1962, two episodes) - Marie Kosary / Dr. Abby Ryner
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (TV series) - season one (1965)
- Gunsmoke (1960) - Gretchen Mueller in season six, episode two "The Blacksmith "
Anna-Lisa died in Oslo on 21 March 2018, nine days before her 85th birthday.
- "Television Western Players, 1960-1975: A Biographical Dictionary, by Everett Aaker". Google Play. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- Brode, Douglas (2009), Shooting Stars of the Small Screen: Encyclopedia of TV Western Actors, 1946-present, Ellen and Edward Randall series, University of Texas Press, p. 23, ISBN 0292718497.
- Hyams, Joe (February 12, 1960), "Lovely television star Anna Lisa is a rare actress—no press agent", The News and Courier, Charlseton, S.C..
- Aaker, Everett, Television western players of the fifties: a biographical encyclopedia of all regular cast members in western series, 1949-1959, McFarland, 1997, ISBN 0786402849.
- "Anne-Lise Ruud". www.sceneweb.no. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Den norske Hollywood-skuespilleren Anna-Lisa Ruud er død (in Norwegian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Lisa.|