Anna-Maria Botsari at EuroChess Iraklion in 2007
|Full name||Anna-Maria Botsari|
5 October 1972 |
|Title||Woman Grandmaster (1993)|
|FIDE rating||2338 (Oct 2013)|
|Peak rating||2394 (Oct 2003)|
Botsari has won, or jointly won, the Greek Women's Chess Championship seven times. She was a bronze medalist at the 1990 World Junior Chess Championship and silver medalist in 1991. She was the highest rated Greek female chess player for more than a decade.
Botsari was a participant in the 1991, 1993 and 1996 World Women's Chess Championship Interzonal tournaments. She scored 9/18 in the 1990 Women's Interzonal in Azov, 6/13 in the 1991 Women's Interzonal in Subotica, and 7.5/13 at the 1993 Women's Interzonal in Jakarta.
Botsari has represented Greece in fourteen Chess Olympiads from 1986 to 2012. Her best results were at the 28th Chess Olympiad in Thessaloniki in 1988, where she scored 8.5/12 and finished sixth on the first reserve board, and the 35th Chess Olympiad in Bled in 2002, where she scored 8.5/13 with a performance rating of 2435, to finish ninth on board one.
She has represented Greece in nine European Women's Team Chess Championships from 1992 to 2011, and won a gold medal on second board in Debrecen 1992. She won two individual gold medals (in Mangalia 1992 and Varna 1994) and a team gold medal (in Varna 1992) in the Women's Chess Balkaniads.
Botsari gained the Woman Grandmaster (WGM) title in 1993.
- Anna-Maria Botsari Chess Olympiad results, www.olimpbase.org
- Anna-Maria Botsari European Women's Team Championship results, www.olimpbase.org
- Anna-Maria Botsari Women's Chess Balkaniad results, www.olimpbase.org
- Anna-Maria Botsari Biography, www.echesspedia.com
- Susan Polgar world simultaneous chess record attempt, www.chessbase.com
- 7th Mediterranean Men and Women Championship 2009 FIDE Tournament Report, www.fide.com
- 7th Mediterranean Men and Women Chess Championships concluded report, www.chessdom.com
- Mediterranean Chess Championship 2009 - Comments Mišo Cebalo, www.sah-rijeka.hr