McCord in July 2014
July 16, 1987 |
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
AnnaLynne McCord (born July 16, 1987) is an American actress and former model. Known for playing vixen-type roles, McCord first gained prominence in 2007 as the scheming Eden Lord on the FX television series Nip/Tuck, and as the pampered Loren Wakefield on the MyNetworkTV telenovela American Heiress.
In 2008, she was the second actress to be cast in the CW series 90210, portraying antiheroine Naomi Clark. Initially, the part of Clark was conceived as a supporting role. By the end of the first season, however, various media outlets had begun referring to McCord as the series' lead. For the role of Naomi Clark, she was nominated for a Teen Choice Award and received the Hollywood Life Young Hollywood Superstar of Tomorrow award in 2009. In 2010, she won a Breakthrough of the Year Award in the category of "Breakthrough Standout Performance".
Apart from acting, she has also contributed to charities in her free time, and has been labeled by the Look to the Stars organization as "one of the strongest young female philanthropists standing up in Hollywood and fighting for the charities she believes in." In 2011, she was nominated for VH1's "Do Something" Award in the category of "TV Star". Her turn as a disturbed and delusional teenager in the 2012 film Excision was widely acclaimed. For her role in Excision, McCord won "Best Actress" at the Malaga International Week of Fantastic Cinema in 2012. Also for her role in Excision, she earned second place for "Best Actress" at the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards in 2013.
Early life and career
AnnaLynne McCord was born in Atlanta, Georgia, the daughter of a Christian pastor. She was home-schooled and graduated from high school at the age of 15, after which she joined the Wilhelmina Modeling Agency and appeared in ads for various brands, including Estee Lauder, and also briefly modeled for Seventeen.
McCord appears in the 2005 Italian film Natale a Miami and 2007 horror film remake Day of the Dead. In addition to appearances on Close to Home and The O.C., she played rebellious Loren Wakefield on the MyNetworkTV limited-run serial American Heiress. She was also cast as the star in another MyNetworkTV telenovela, Rules of Deception, but the show never aired, due to a change in the network's programming strategy away from telenovelas. In addition, she has guest-starred in two episodes of the first season of Ugly Betty, an episode of the first season of Greek, and an episode of the fourth season of Cold Case.
In 2008, McCord was cast in the series 90210 as Naomi Clark. Throughout the show, McCord's character vies for social power and love. McCord was nominated for multiple awards for her work in the role, winning the Hollywood Life Young Hollywood Superstar of Tomorrow in 2009, and a nomination for a Teen Choice Award for "Breakthrough Standout Performance" in 2010.
McCord was being considered for the role of Heidi in New Moon, the sequel to the 2008 film Twilight, according to E! Online. However, she did not get the role. According to McCord herself she turned the part down because she was "in need of some R&R"; The role went to Noot Seear. BuddyTV ranked her #22 on its "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2010" list and #14 in 2011.
McCord's role in the 2012 film Excision was critically acclaimed. In 2014, McCord joined the cast of the TNT series Dallas for its third season, in the recurring role of Heather. She played the lead role in the 2015 Lifetime film Watch Your Back.
During her free time, McCord has contributed to various charities, stating that she is a "strong believer in working with organizations and giving back". She is a big supporter of the St. Bernard Project, a rebuilding organization dedicated to assisting victims of Hurricane Katrina. She is the Goodwill Ambassador for the New Somaly Fund which empowers women victimized by human-trafficking and sexualized violence. McCord is the cover model for the July 2009 issue of Signature magazine, a Los Angeles regional magazine. The cover story highlights her dedication to the fight to end human-trafficking and slavery.
In 2014, McCord revealed that she was sexually assaulted when she was 18 by a male friend, and as a result broke down during her rape scene in 90210, unbeknownst to her fellow cast members, who thought she acted well. In March 2015, while speaking at the United Nations in support of UNWFPA McCord announced her alignment with the anti-sexual-assault and domestic abuse project, the No More Campaign. As a speaker and activist, McCord continues to engage audiences at colleges, events and private parties with her candid outlook on sex, anti-sexualized violence, anti-domestic abuse and the mental slavery which "touches 7 billion people".
Since 2011 she has been in a relationship with Prison Break and Legends of Tomorrow star Dominic Purcell. The couple announced an amicable split in 2014 but rekindled their romance a year later. McCord told People magazine she came back into his life as friend when the actor was diagnosed with skin cancer but that it soon became romantic again. McCord was with Purcell when he suffered a near-death accident on the set in Morocco on June 1, 2016, after an iron bar used as a Prison Break set piece fell onto his head.
|2002||Middle of Nowhere, TheThe Middle of Nowhere||Cassandra|
|2005||Transporter 2||Car-jacking girl|
|2005||Natale a Miami||Susy|
|2007||Sirens of the Caribbean||Britt|
|2008||Day of the Dead||Nina|
|2008||Haunting of Molly Hartley, TheThe Haunting of Molly Hartley||Suzie Woods|
|2013||Officer Down||Zhanna Dronov|
|2015||Santa's Little Helper||Billie|
|2006||O.C., TheThe O.C.||Hot girl||Episode: "The Party Favor"|
|2006||Close to Home||Sara||Episode: "Hot Grrrl"|
|2007||American Heiress||Loren Wakefield||Main role; 65 episodes|
|2007||Cold Case||Becca Abrams||Episode: "Stand Up and Holler"|
|2007||Ugly Betty||Petra||2 episodes|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Sherry Williamson||Episode: "Kill Switch"|
|2007||Greek||Destiny/Patty||Episode: "Friday Night Frights"|
|2007–09||Nip/Tuck||Eden Lord||Recurring role (season 5); 12 episodes|
|2008||Head Case||Tard's date||Episode: "A Tard for All Seasons"|
|2008–13||90210||Naomi Clark||Main role; 114 episodes
Nominated—Teen Choice Award for Choice TV: Breakout Star Female
|2014||Dallas||Heather||Recurring role (season 3); 9 episodes|
|2014||Stalker||Nina Preston||Episode: "Fanatic"|
|2014||Christmas Parade, TheThe Christmas Parade||Hailee Anderson||Television movie|
|2015||Not So Union||Marilyn||Episode: "We're Best Friends"|
|2015||Watch Your Back||Sarah Miller||Television movie|
|2016||Secrets and Lies||Melanie Warner||Recurring role (season 2)|
|2016||The Night Shift||Jessica Sanders||2 episodes (Season 3)|
|2016||Beauty & the Beast||Diane Vaughn||Episode: "Love Is a Battlefield"|
|2003||"Baby, I'm in Love"||Thalía|
- "AnnaLynne McCord:Overview". MSN.com. Retrieved May 28, 2009.[dead link]
- "AnnaLynne McCord". InStyle. Archived from the original on May 23, 2009. Retrieved May 28, 2009.
- "EXCLUSIVE!". Hollywoodlife.com. January 29, 2010. Archived from the original on May 7, 2010. Retrieved June 4, 2010.
- Reynolds, Brandy (May 12, 2009). "LTTS Exclusive: An Interview With AnnaLynne McCord". looktothestars.org. Archived from the original on May 16, 2009. Retrieved May 28, 2009.
- "2011 Do Something Awards | Tune-in Thursday, August 18, 2011". VH1. August 18, 2011. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- Moed, Elisa (May 14, 2012). "Hollywood stars find faith during Israel tour | JPost | Israel News". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "AnnaLynne McCord Star Bio". Tribute.ca. Retrieved May 28, 2009.
- "AnnaLynne McCord". tv.yahoo.com. Retrieved May 28, 2009.[dead link]
- Koday, Dan. "90210 Girls Get A Style Makeover". Seventeen. Archived from the original on February 8, 2011. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- "Exclusive Interview: 'Day of the Dead' Star AnnaLynne McCord | News Article". FEARnet. April 8, 2008. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- Ausiello, Michael (October 25, 2009). "Fall's best and worst". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 29, 2009.
- Porter, C. Joan (November 17, 2009). "TV's queens of mean". MSN. Retrieved August 1, 2010.
- "AnnaLynne McCord Young Hollywood Awards". Sugarslam.com. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- "Teen Choice Awards 2009 nominees". Los Angeles Times. June 15, 2009. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
- "Official Website of the Breakthrough of the Year Awards". breakthroughawards.mail.com. August 15, 2010. Archived from the original on August 19, 2010. Retrieved August 24, 2010.
- "Why AnnaLynne passed on New Moon". hotannalynnemccord.com. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- Malkin, Marc (February 4, 2009). "New Moon Maybe: 90210's AnnaLynne McCord". E! Online. Retrieved on February 8, 2009.
- "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2010". BuddyTV. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2011". BuddyTV. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- Gans, Andrew (April 14, 2011). "Minka Kelly, Susan Sullivan Set for Love, Loss... Off-Broadway". Playbill. Retrieved April 21, 2011.
- Rachel Cooke (November 4, 2012). "Excision – review | Film | The Observer". The Guardian. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "Two Excision Blu-ray Clips Highlight AnnaLynne McCord And John Waters". CinemaBlend.com. September 27, 2012. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- Murray, Noel (October 31, 2012). "Excision | DVD | HomeVideo Review". The A.V. Club. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- Matt Donato (November 4, 2012). "Excision Review". Wegotthiscovered.com. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "Excision Blu-ray review". Cine Outsider. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "St. Bernard Project". Stbernardproject.org. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- Francis, Kristi. "Salacious siren AnnaLynne McCord crusades against the carnal crimes of human trafficking". Signature Magazine. Archived from the original on July 19, 2009. Retrieved July 21, 2009.
- Respers, Lisa (May 29, 2014). "AnnaLynne McCord reveals sexual assault". CNN.
- "AnnaLynne McCord on the impact of sharing her sexual assault story". MSNBC. Retrieved November 23, 2015.
- "AnnaLynne McCord Opens Up About Rekindling Romance with Dominic Purcell: 'I Have My Best Friend Back'". People. Retrieved June 5, 2016.
- "McCord shared a picture of the incident". June 1, 2016. Retrieved June 5, 2016 – via Instagram. "McCord shared a picture of the incident [#2]". June 1, 2016. Retrieved June 5, 2016 – via Instagram.
- Purcell, Dominic (June 1, 2016). "Dominic Purcell: I'm good". Instagram. Retrieved June 5, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 3, 2016). "Dominic Purcell Injured On Set Of Fox's Prison Break, Production Not Impacted". Deadline.com. Retrieved June 5, 2016.
- "Prison Break star Dominic Purcell almost killed on set after iron bar falls on his head". News.com.au. June 4, 2016. Retrieved June 5, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AnnaLynne McCord.|