7 April 1990 |
Voronezh, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Other names||The Master of Sports|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||155 lb (70 kg)|
|Fighting out of||Miami, Florida|
|Rank||Black belt in Taekwondo|
Anna Bogomazova (born 7 April 1990) is a Russian kickboxer, martial artist, professional wrestler and valet. She worked in WWE competing in their developmental territory NXT Wrestling, under the ring name Anya.
Bogomazova was born on 7 April 1990 in Voronezh, Russia. At the age of 5 she took up calisthenics, which she studied for seven years. Her parents insisted that she should quit because of her height. From 2003 till 2004, Anna played tennis. At the age of 14 she took up kickboxing. Her styles consist of kickboxing and taekwondo. She eventually earned her black belt in taekwondo.
Martial arts career
Bogomazova began her career in competitive kickboxing in 2004 with Aleksei Dedov as her coach. She has placed second in the Kickboxing World Championship in 2006 and 2008. She has also placed first in the Kickboxing Russian Championship in 2008 and the Kickboxing World Cup in 2011.
Professional wrestling career
7 April 1990 |
|Professional wrestling career|
|Billed height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Billed weight||155 lb (70 kg)|
|Billed from||Voronezh, Russia|
|Trained by||FCW Staff|
In early 2013, she broke her arm during a training session which she claimed lead to being released from her developmental contract on May 17, 2013. She plans on suing WWE for injury and extra for damages due to having two surgeries and now she has a scar on her hand. Bogomazova filed suit against Steve Keirn Inc. and World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. d/b/a Florida Championship Wrestling in Hillsborough County, Florida Circuit Court on March 8, 2017, claiming that the defendants did not properly train other amateur wrestlers, who ran into plaintiff while she warmed-up.
- Bogomazova, Anna. "Anna Bogomazova - The Champion!". Official Website. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Bogomazova, Anna. "Anya - FCW". Florida Championship Wrestling. Florida Championship Wrestling. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "More Details on New WWE NXT Diva". Retrieved 24 August 2012.
- Bogomazova, Anna. "Awards". Official Website. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Caldwell, James. "WWE NEWS: Several NXT cuts today; two confirm their releases". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Scherer, Dave. "FORMER DIVA LOOKING FOR MONEY FROM WWE, STEPHANIE MCMAHON MAKING A GREAT APPEARANCE TOMORROW, SUMMERSLAM STRATEGY, REIGNS ON ESPN AND MORE". PWinsider. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- Hillsborough County, Florida Circuit Civil Case No. 2017CA002147