1 January 1986|
Moseley, Birmingham, England, UK
Anna Brewster (born 1 January 1986) is an English actress and model.
Brewster starred as Anita Rutter in Anita and Me (2002), and played Doris in Mrs Henderson Presents (2005). In 2007, she portrayed the starring role of Kate Sherman in the E4 miniseries Nearly Famous, and appeared as Anne Stafford in the television series The Tudors. Brewster also played Cynthia Grant in a 2009 episode of The Royal, and Abby in a 2011 episode of Luther.
In 2009, Brewster starred as Laura in the horror film The Reeds, which premiered at the After Dark Horrorfest. In 2010, she played supermodel Lydia Kane in the BBC series Material Girl. In 2012, Brewster played Georgina, one of the lead roles in the short film Volume, directed by Mahalia Belo. In 2013, she appeared in the BBC series Silent Witness as Deanna Collier.
Since November 2015, Brewster has portrayed Françoise-Athénaïs, Marquise de Montespan in the Canal+ series Versailles. In December 2015, she appeared as Bazine Netal, a First Order spy in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Brewster modelled a range of women's clothing for designer label Ben Sherman; she was seen in the autumn/winter 2007 range throughout the UK. She appeared in a campaign for Aquascutum, Hermes for two seasons, Jigsaw A/W 2011, Sportsgirl and was the face of Links of London for a season. She has shot editorial for UK and American Glamour, Dazed & Confused, Italian Vogue, Japanese Vogue, Hercules, Plastique and Russian Vogue.
Anna Brewster is from Moseley, Birmingham. She attended St Bernard's RC School, Kings Heath Junior School and Queensbridge School in Moseley before studying for her A levels at Solihull Sixth Form College. She has also studied at the Birmingham School of Speech and Drama.
- "Volume: Cast". 2012. Archived from the original on 17 March 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2018 – via Volumethefilm.com.
- Steve Barton (6 July 2012). "Exclusive One-Sheet Debut – After Dark's The Reeds". Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Material Girl press pack". BBC Press Office. 8 August 2009. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Part 1, 'Change', Series 16, Silent Witness". BBC News. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "Part 2, 'Change', Series 16, Silent Witness". BBC News. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "BBC – Silent Witness: 'Change' – Media Centre". BBC News. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Gove, Ed (21 April 2017). "Who's who in Versailles? A guide to the French court". Royal Television Society. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- Deen, Sarah (11 August 2016). "This is what the stars of BBC's Versailles look like when they're not in costume". Metro. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Bellini, Luciana (9 May 2016). "Meet Star Wars actress Anna Brewster". Tatler. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Star Wars: The Force Awakens Cast + Crew". Fandango. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- Newbold, Alice (17 June 2016). "'The knee-high socks are the worst part!' Anna Brewster on the Versailles costumes". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2 January 2018.