Anna Costanza Baldry
Anna Costanza Baldry
|Born||16 May 1970|
London, England, UK
|Died||9 March 2019 (aged 48)|
|Alma mater||Sapienza University of Rome|
University of Cambridge
|Doctoral advisor||David P. Farrington|
|Institutions||Università degli Studi della Campania Luigi Vanvitelli|
Catholic University of Milan
Anna Costanza Baldry (16 May 1970 – 9 March 2019) was an Italian social psychologist and criminologist. She was a professor at Università degli Studi della Campania Luigi Vanvitelli. An expert on issues related to violence against women and children, Baldry consulted with such organizations as the United Nations and NATO. For her contributions to society, she was awarded the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic.
Baldry was born in London on 16 May 1970. She attended Sapienza University of Rome, earning an undergraduate degree in psychology in 1994 and a PhD in social psychology in 1999. She studied criminology at the University of Cambridge, earning a master's degree in 1996 and a PhD in 2001, under the supervision of David Farrington. From 2003 to 2004, she completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the Free University of Amsterdam, having been awarded funding from Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions. From 2005, she taught courses in psychology and criminology at Università degli Studi della Campania Luigi Vanvitelli. She also taught victimology at Catholic University of Milan.
Baldry conducted research and consulted on topics related to aggression and relationships, including child and adolescent bullying, cyberbullying, and gender-based violence. She led a number of prevention and intervention projects, including the development of Threat Assessment of Bullying Behaviors among Youngsters (TABBY), a bullying intervention program implemented in eight countries, and the validation of the Spousal Assault Risk Assessment (SARA) protocol in Italy. She also provided training on violence to law enforcement, social workers, and other service providers, and served as an expert consultant to such organization as the United Nations, OSCE and NATO.
Baldry died on 9 March 2019.
- Baldry AC, Farrington DP (2000). "Bullies and delinquents: Personal characteristics and parental styles". Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology. 10 (1): 17–31. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1099-1298(200001/02)10:1<17::AID-CASP526>3.0.CO;2-M.
- Baldry AC (July 2003). "Bullying in schools and exposure to domestic violence". Child Abuse & Neglect. 27 (7): 713–32. doi:10.1016/s0145-2134(03)00114-5. PMID 14627075.
- Baldry AC (2004). "The impact of direct and indirect bullying on the mental and physical health of Italian youngsters". Aggressive Behavior. 30 (5): 343–355. doi:10.1002/ab.20043.
- Baldry AC, Farrington DP (2004). "Evaluation of an intervention program for the reduction of bullying and victimization in schools". Aggressive Behavior. 30 (1): 1–15. doi:10.1002/ab.20000.
- Baldry AC, Winkel FW (2008). Intimate partner violence prevention and intervention: The risk assessment and management approach. New York: Nova Science Publishers. ISBN 978-1-60021-858-3.
- Baldry AC, Pacilli MG, Pagliaro S (May 2015). "She's not a person...she's just a woman! Infra-humanization and intimate partner violence". Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 30 (9): 1567–82. doi:10.1177/0886260514540801. PMID 24986191.
- Farrington, David P.; Zych, Izabela; Llorent, Vicente J.; Ttofi, Maria M. (10 June 2019). "Anna Costanza Baldry (May 16, 1970–March 9, 2019)". International Journal of Bullying Prevention: 1–2. doi:10.1007/s42380-019-00023-9. ISSN 2523-3653.
- Fantozzi, Matteo (10 March 2019). "ANNA COSTANZA BALDRY È MORTA/ Le donne, la violenza e gli eroi della vita quotidiana". IlSussidiario.net (in Italian). Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "L'ordine degli Psicologi della Campania dedica un convegno ad Anna Costanza Baldry". la Repubblica (in Italian). 22 November 2019. Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- "Curriculum Vitae et studiorum" (PDF). 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2019.
- "David Farrington CV" (PDF). University of Cambridge Institute of Criminology. October 2019. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- Bacchini, Dario; Fiorenza, Geppino (18 March 2019). "Geppino Fiorenza e Dario Bacchini ricordano la professoressa Baldry". Il Mattino (in Italian). Retrieved 25 March 2020.
- Sorrentino, Anna (17 June 2019). "L'eredità umana e scientifica di Anna Costanza Baldry". www.ilmattino.it (in Italian). Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "Anna Costanza Baldry, Ufficiale dell'Ordine al Merito della Repubblica Italiana". D.i.Re - Donne in Rete Contro la Violenza (in Italian). 16 October 2015. Retrieved 9 December 2019.