Anna David (journalist)
Anna Benjamin David is an American author, journalist, coach, podcast host and television personality who specializes in showing people how to share their darkest experiences in order to find their spiritual light and humor.
David is the author of the novels Party Girl (HarperCollins, 2007), Bought (HarperCollins, 2009), and Falling For Me (HarperCollins, 2011) and the editor of the anthology Reality Matters (HarperCollins, 2010). Her book By Some Miracle I Made It Out of There, co-written with Tom Sizemore, was a New York Times bestseller.
David was the sex and relationship expert on G4’s Attack of the Show and has been featured on The Talk Hannity, Red Eye, Dr. Drew, Jane Velez Mitchell and The Insider as well as on various other programs on Fox News, CTV, MTV News, VH1 and E!.
In 2010, Anna started speaking at colleges about addiction and recovery.
Light Hustle Publishing
In 2017, David launched Light Hustler, a company that includes workshops, retreats, a live monthly storytelling show, a podcast as well as a book publishing division. The core of the business is based around the Light Hustle Publishing company, which released Darren Prince's best-selling memoir, Aiming High: How a Prominent Sports Agent Hit Bottom at the Top and Real Housewives of New Jersey cast member Joe Gorga's memoir, The Gorga Guide to Success.
David's work has appeared in The New York Times, The LA Times, Details, Cosmopolitan, Time, Vice, Buzzfeed, Psychology Today, Huffington Post, New York Post, The Huffington Post, Playboy, Redbook, Self, Stuff, TV Guide, Movieline, Women's Health, Esquire UK, Teen Vogue, Variety, 'Tatler, Emmy, and Salon.
- Party Girl, released May 2007 by HarperCollins
- Bought, released in paperback on May 19, 2009 by HarperCollins
- Reality Matters, released in 2010 by HarperCollins
- Falling For Me, released in 2011 by HarperCollins
- Animal Attraction, released in 2012 by Amazon
- By Some Miracle I Made It Out of There, released in April, 2013 by Simon & Schuster
- They Like Me They Really Like Me released February, 2013 (audio version March, 2015)
- True Tales of Lust and Love, released in January 2014 by Counterpoint/Soft Skull
In 2015, David became a certified life coach through The Life Coaching Institute. She works primarily with writers looking to advance their careers but also helps people with their personal and career issues.
In 2010, David began delivering the keynote speech “Surviving and Thriving in an Addictive Society” at colleges across the country. In 2017, she gave her 10-minute talk, “How to Wear Your Labels” alongside Tony Robbins at the Genius Network Annual event. In 2018, she spoke at TEDxOhlone, TEDxLosGatos and TedXUniversityofSanDiego.
- Goldberg, Carole (2007-06-24). "Good Bets For A Storied Summer". Hartford Courant. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- Party Girl published by HarperCollins
- Bought published by HarperCollins
- Falling for Me published by HarperCollins
- Reality Matters published by HarperCollins
- New York Times Bestseller List 5/5/13
- Attack of the Show talent page
- Red Eye video
- Anna David with Dr. Drew
- Anna David on Jean Velez Mitchell
- Anna David on The Insider
- Anna David Biography at Kirkland Productions
- "A Light Hustler's weekend! | Last Call". lastcallblog.me. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- "AfterPartyPod: Marc Maron". Rehab Reviews. 2017-11-06. Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- "Light Hustler: Looking for Light in All the Dark Places". Retrieved 2018-07-02.
- Daily Beast Contributor Page
- Details Contributor Page
- "Anna David". Time. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- If We Met in a Former Life, Maybe He Was Straight Then - The New York Times
- LA Times story
- Details contributors - Anna David
- Huffing Post - Anna David
- Naked New York - Anna David Archived September 28, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Salon.com - Anna David
- Party Girl Amazon page
- Bought Amazon page
- Reality Matters Amazon page
- Falling For Me Amazon page
- Animal Attraction Amazon page
- By Some Miracle I Made It Out of There
- True Tales of Love and Lust on Amazon
- "Anna David - HarperCollins Speakers Bureau". HarperCollins Speakers Bureau. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "How This NY Times Best-Selling Author Is Shifting The Addiction Narrative With Artful Storytelling". www.forbes.com. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "TEDxOhloneCollegeNewark | TED". www.ted.com. Retrieved 2018-07-03.