April 14, 1976 |
Iron Mountain, Michigan
|Nationality||American / Montenegrin|
|Listed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Listed weight||160 lb (73 kg)|
|High school||Niagara (Niagara, Wisconsin)|
|WNBA draft||1998 / Undrafted|
|1998||San Jose Lasers|
|2002||Kansas City Legacy|
|2005–2008||TS Wisła Can-Pack Kraków|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at WNBA.com|
Anna Louise DeForge (born April 14, 1976) is an American professional female basketball player who most recently played for the Detroit Shock in the WNBA. She is the first player from the University of Nebraska to ever play in the WNBA. After finding little success and playing time for several WNBA teams, she finally earned a spot on a WNBA All-Star team in 2004. She was one of the players selected to play in the historic WNBA vs. USA Basketball Game.
On February 19, 2008 DeForge signed on with the Minnesota Lynx.
On February 27, 2009 DeForge signed on with the Beşiktaş Istanbul.
- Selected to start the 2007 WNBA All-Star for the Eastern Conference by the WNBA Fans
- Selected to play in the WNBA vs. USA Basketball Game at Radio City Music Hall in 2004
- Won the National Women's Basketball League Championship with the Dallas Fury in 2004
- 2005-2006: Honored as league (PLKK) MVP . The Polish TS Wisla Can-Pack Krakow team won the Women's PLKK Championship Series.
- 2006-2007: Her Polish TS Wisła Can-Pack Kraków team won the Women's PLKK Championship Series.
- 2007-2008: Her Polish TS Wisła Can-Pack Kraków team won the Women's PLKK Championship Series.