|Dame Anna Dominiczak|
|Born||26 August 1954|
|Residence||Glasgow, Scotland, UK|
|Institutions||University of Glasgow|
|Alma mater||Gdańsk Medical University|
|Known for||Cardiovascular medicine research|
Dame Anna Felicja Dominiczak, DBE, FRCP, FRSE, FAHA, FMedSci (born 26 August 1954) is a Polish/British medical researcher, Regius Professor of Medicine at the University of Glasgow, Scotland, and Director of the University's Cardiovascular Research Centre. Between 2004 and 2008, she was Editor-in-Chief of Clinical Science and in 2012 was appointed Editor-in-Chief of Hypertension.
Dominiczak studied medicine at the Medical School of Gdańsk, Poland (MD Hons), and worked as a Junior House Officer at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary, and a Senior House Officer and Registrar at the Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley.
In 1986, Dominiczak was appointed MRC Clinician Scientist and Senior Registrar at the Western Infirmary, Glasgow, and between 1990 and 1991 was Research Fellow and Associate Professor at the University of Michigan on a British Heart Foundation Fellowship. She returned to Glasgow in 1992 as Clinical Lecturer and Honorary Senior Registrar at the Medical School of the University of Glasgow, and in 1993 became BHF Senior Research Fellow and Senior Lecturer, then Reader in Medicine in 1996. In 1998, she was appointed to a British Heart Foundation Professorship of Cardiovascular Medicine. In 2006, the British Heart Foundation and University of Glasgow jointly opened the BHF Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre, and Professor Dominiczak was appointed Director of the Centre. The Centre aims to create a multidisciplinary research environment of internationally recognised cardiovascular research groups, and is connected to the University's Medical School and Glasgow Biomedical Research Centre. In 2010, she was appointed Regius Professor of Medicine at the University, the first woman to hold this post.
- "University of Glasgow :: Professor Anna F Dominiczak". University of Glasgow. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Dominiczak, Anna". nexusscotland. Retrieved 19 September 2009.
- "University of Glasgow :: Glasgow Cardiovascular Research Centre :: About the Centre". University of Glasgow. Retrieved 19 August 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "University appoints female Regius Professor". University of Glasgow. Retrieved 15 February 2010.[dead link]
- "University professor wins Scotswoman of the Year". 24 October 2006. Retrieved 19 September 2009.
- "Royal Society of Edinburgh Fellows" (PDF). Royal Society of Edinburgh. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "No. 61608". The London Gazette (Supplement). 11 June 2016. p. B8.