|Born||1971 (age 48–49)|
|Occupation||Cinematographer, television director, film director|
Anna J. Foerster (born 1971) is a German-born American film and television cinematographer and director. She is best known for collaborations with director Roland Emmerich, working under different capacities on every film directed by him dating back to Independence Day (1996), with the exception of the film The Patriot (2000).
As a second unit cinematographer, Foerster worked on the films Alien Resurrection (1997), Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002), Johnson Family Vacation (2004), The Day After Tomorrow (2004), Æon Flux (2005) and 10,000 BC (2008), also working as a second unit director on the latter four films.
As a director, she directed five episodes of the television series Criminal Minds, an episode of its spin-off Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, three episodes of Unforgettable, and four episodes of the Starz series Outlander.
Foerster made her feature film directing debut with the action horror film Underworld: Blood Wars (2016).
Filmography as director
- Outlander (4 episodes, 2014-2015)
- Underworld: Blood Wars (2016)
- Westworld (2020) (Season 3, Episode 5: "Genre")
- Iain Blair (February 13, 2012). "Foerster: Gives Shakespeare a modern edge". Variety. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Renaissance Woman: Anna J Foerster". HD Magazine. August 16, 2011.
- Mitchell, Wendy (May 19, 2008). "Anna J Foerster to direct Secret Hunter". ScreenDaily.
- Sneider, Jeff (Nov 29, 2016). "Exclusive: J.J. Abrams hires 'Outlander' director Anna Foerster for thriller 'Lou'". Mashable.