|Member of the Sejm|
November 2011 – 12 November 2015
|Constituency||13 – Kraków|
|Born||Krzysztof Bogdan Bęgowski
16 March 1954
|Political party||The Greens|
Anna Grodzka (born Krzysztof Bogdan Bęgowski 16 March 1954 in Otwock) is a Polish politician. Grodzka, a trans woman, was elected to the Sejm in the 2011 Polish parliamentary elections as a candidate for the left-liberal Palikot's Movement, and was the first openly transgender Member of Parliament in Poland. In June 2014, Anna Grodzka joined Poland's Green Party.
She was the third openly transgender member of a national parliament world-wide, after Georgina Beyer (in office 1999-2005) and Vladimir Luxuria (2006-2008). She was believed to be the only remaining transgender member of parliament until Nikki Sinclaire (in office 2009-2015) outed herself in November 2013.
Grodzka was a member of the Polish United Workers' Party at Warsaw University and a political instructor in the Polish Union of Students. Later on she was an entrepreneur and worked in publishing, poligraphy, and filmmaking.
- "Biuletyn Informacji Publicznej Instytutu Pamięci Narodowej" (in Polish). Institute of National Remembrance. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Anna Grodzka odchodzi z Twojego Ruchu" (in Polish) (retrieved 28 July 2014)
- "Anna Grodzka Becomes Poland's First Openly Transgender Member Of Parliament". The Huffington Post. 11 October 2011. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- Grodzka, Anna (17 May 2013). "As the world's only transgender MP, I want to ensure our voices are heard". The Guardian; Comment is Free.
- Konarski, Leszek. "Krakowski test tolerancji". Przegląd (in Polish) (39/2011). Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "To nie moje ciało" (in Polish). kobiecyporadnik.pl. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Pacewicz, Piotr (12 April 2010). "Skazana na płeć" (in Polish). Gazeta.pl. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Poland swears in first transsexual and gay MPs". BBC. 8 November 2011. Retrieved 22 November 2011.
- Official website (Polish)
|This article about a Polish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|