|The Honourable Justice|
Anna Judith Katzmann
|Judge of the Federal Court of Australia|
Assumed office |
2 February 2010
Sydney Girls High School|
University of New South Wales
Anna Judith Katzmann is an Australian lawyer and a current judge of the Federal Court of Australia. Katzmann is a graduate of the University of New South Wales. Before her appointment as a justice of the Federal Court, Katzmann was the President of the New South Wales Bar Association.
Early life and education
Katzmann grew up in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, attending Clovelly Primary School, completing her primary education at Woollahra Demonstration School. Katzmann attended the academically selective Sydney Girls High School where she was elected school captain. She studied arts and law at the University of New South Wales, graduating with a Bachelor of Laws and Honours in Arts in 1979.
Katzmann became a barrister after graduating, also working as a lecturer at the NSW Institute of Technology. She was appointed Senior Counsel in 1997. Katzmann was elected as a member of the Bar Council continuously from 1994 until 2010, holding every position, including as president from late 2007 until 2009.
Katzmann was sworn in as a judge of the Federal Court on 2 February 2010.
- "Biography of Justice Katzmann". Federal Court of Australia. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "UNSW Law Graduates". University of New South Wales. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- Gibson, Joel (8 October 2010). "Dragged kicking and screaming - finally the bar relents on selecting silks". Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "The Hon Justice Anna Katzmann - Appointment" (PDF). (2010 Winter) Bar News: Journal of the NSW Bar Association 129.
- "Swearing in and welcome of the Honourable Justice Katzmann".  Federal Judicial Scholarship 33.