This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Based on||Anna Liza (radio drama)|
|Written by||Benjamin Viernes|
|Directed by||Gil C. Soriano|
|Opening theme||"Le Messager"|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Radio-Television Arts|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||February 4, 1980 –|
May 10, 1985
|Related shows||Annaliza (2013)|
Anna Liza is a Philippine television drama series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Gil C. Soriano, it stars Julie Vega. It premiered on February 4, 1980 as the network's first primetime drama series. The series concluded on May 10, 1985.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Julie Vega as Anna Liza Santiago
- Alicia Alonzo as Isabel Santiago
- Augusto Victa as Lazaro Santiago
- Daria Ramirez as Stella/Adela
- Supporting cast
- Robert Arevalo as Greg
- Renato del Prado as Guido
- Rey Abellana as PJ
- Digna Kiocho as Cathy
- Leni Santos as Arlene
- Roderick Paulate as Ricky
- Albert Martinez as Glenn Laxamana
- Suzanne Gonzales as Lilian
- Delia Razon as PJ's mother
- Edgar Mande as Lester
- Alvin Canon as Rocky
- Melissa Mendez as Melissa
- Tony Carrion as Glenn's father
- Gloria Romero as Glenn's mother
- Mitos Canon as Mitos
- Extended cast
- Ester Chavez
- Anita Linda as Munda
- Celia Rodriguez
- Raquel Montesa
- Lina Pusing
- Gloria Ilagan
- Marissa Delgado as Elvie
- Liezl Martinez
- Sugar Benedicto as Sugar
- Manilyn Reynes
- Aiko Melendez
- Bobi Mercado
- Rocco Montalban
- Dina Bonnevie
The series was based on the eponymously popular radio drama series in Cebu in the 1970s which was created by Rey Benedicto and Raynee Salgado. Anna Liza premiered in 1980 under a direction by Gil C. Soriano, and received the attention of thousands of Filipinos—making it one of the most popular and well-loved drama series of all time. It served as a competitor of RPN's Flordeluna, starring Janice de Belen and led to the showbiz rivalry between Vega and de Belen (despite being highlighted as bestfriends offscreen).
The series ended because of Julie Vega's sudden death, resulting in the serial having incomplete storyline and Anna Liza got its TV ratings of 54% by PSRC on its final episode. Shortly after Julie's death, reruns were aired from the beginning of the series and continue until January 3, 1986. It was replaced by Mirasol del Cielo.
- "Anna Liza Opening".
- "IN PHOTOS: Original shows versus Remakes: which is better?". PEP.ph. Summit Media. May 18, 2015. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- "ABS-CBN remakes well-loved '80s drama; Andrea Brillantes is the new Annaliza". PEP.ph (in Filipino). May 23, 2013. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Famous female rivalries in showbiz". PEP.ph. September 7, 2007. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "ABS-CBN remakes classic GMA soap opera". Retrieved May 20, 2013.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|