|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008)|
Anna Miller's (アンナミラーズ Anna Mirāzu?) is a chain of restaurants in Hawaii and Japan. The first branch opened in 1973 in Hawaii; most of its expansion since has been in Japan. The chain is known for its breakfast selection and even more known for its desserts such as pies and cheesecakes.
The chain is also famous in Japan for their waitress uniforms. These consist of a white blouse; an orange or pink miniskirted jumper-style dress, with the "waistline" cut beneath the breasts, in the manner of a bodice; a matching apron; and a heart-shaped name tag.
- Yuka Takeuchi, the main character from the video game series Variable Geo (and its anime spin-off) wears waitress uniform from Anna Miller's during battle, where the restaurant is called "Hanna Miller's".
- In the anime series Excel Saga, the characters Excel and Hyatt work in a cafe wearing Anna Miller's waitress uniforms.
- In the anime series Oh My Goddess!, the character Urd works in the restaurant "Ana Miller's" later in the series, wearing the same uniform.
- In H game Viper V16, the main characters (Akira, Saki and Karin) are three Anna Miller's waitresses.
- In El Cazador de la Bruja, the fictional restaurant Amigo Tacos has Anna Miller's–styled uniforms, which consist of a green apron and an orange-trimmed dark blue dress. The nametag is in the shape of lips.
- In the Japanese visual novel Welcome to Pia Carrot, the action revolves around restaurants in the fictional "Pia Carrot" chain. The waitresses in this restaurants wear uniforms similar to the ones of Anna Miller's. There are also several anime series based on the game.
- In the popular web comic MegaTokyo one of the main female characters, Nanasawa Kimiko, works as a waitress at an Anna Millers in the city Tokyo, Japan.
- In Miyuki-chan in Wonderland, the Doorway Girl wears a similar uniform.
- In ROUJIN-Z, the lead female character works at an Anna Miller's, wearing the trademark uniform.
- Uehara Akira, main character from Boku to Kanojo no XXX works at Anna Miller's restaurant, after changing bodies with his classmate Nanako Momoi, using the famous brand uniform, with an apron.
- Annamillersrestaurant.com Anna Miller's
- Ashcraft, Brian (Jan 31, 2012). "The Waitress Uniform That Started It All". Kotaku. kotaku. Retrieved 2012-01-31.
For a generation, Anna Miller's was more than a coffee shop. For a generation, it inspired video games, anime, and countless cosplay
- "©Murakami Curriculum Guide for Educators" (PDF). Exhibition organized by The Museum of Contemporary Art,Los Angeles, February 17 - May 31, 2009. Bilbao: Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. 2009. p. 14. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- Anna Miller's Restaurant—Official site
- (Japanese) Anna Miller's—The official Japanese home page.
- A visit to Anna Miller's—An English-language account of a foreigner's visit to an Anna Miller's restaurant
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|