In 2004, she finished 28th in the Women's marathon at the Athens Olympics, and the following year placed 27th at the World Championships in Helsinki, as well as winning the inaugural edition of the Obudu Ranch International Mountain Race in Nigeria. She has also won the Mount Washington Road Race in New Hampshire six times, the Mount Kinabalu Climbathon in Malaysia five times, and in 2006 was victorious at the European Mountain Running Championships in Malé Svatoňovice, the Grand Prix, and the Cinq 4000s at Sierre-Zinal in Switzerland (four times 2006-2009).
In late 2006 Pichrtová was injured in a van accident in Nigeria while returning to the Obudu Ranch, and suffered fractures to one arm and both clavicles. After months of physiotherapy she returned to racing in June 2007.
Anna is married from November 11, 2010 with Samuel Straka and her new name is Anna Strakova.
|Representing the Czech Republic|
|2002||European Championships||Munich, Germany||11th||Marathon||2:37:39|
- La Sportiva Team bio Archived October 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., Mountainrunningteam.com
- Marathon results Archived November 17, 2009, at the Wayback Machine., IAAF website
- Dubois (AUS) wins the worlds richest mountain race. World Mountain Running Association. Retrieved on 2009-12-05.
- "Eric Blake from Connecticut and Anna Pichrtova from the Czech Republic triumphant at Mount Washington in 2006" Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., John Stifler, Cool Running, June 17, 2007
- "Sierre-Zinal - classement", official website
- "De Gasperi and Pichrtova triumph - World Mountain Running Trophy", Danny Hughes, IAAF, September 15, 2007
- Hughes, Danny (2006-11-25). Kibiwott, Rehima victorious at Obudu Ranch Mountain Race. IAAF. Retrieved on 2009-12-05.
- "Pichrtova completes her long uphill climb" Archived September 3, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., John Stifler, Concord Monitor, June 17, 2007