Anna Ryder Richardson
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Anna Caroline Ryder Richardson (born 29 January 1964), is a British interior designer and television presenter. She is known for being a designer on the BBC shows Changing Rooms, House Invaders and Staying Put and for her role in CBBC's Hider in the House, along with Cameron Biswas. She runs Manor House Wildlife Park wildlife park in Pembrokeshire.
Anna Ryder Richardson was born in Swansea in 1964. Her father was a Malaysian student, and her mother Welsh. At six weeks of age, she was adopted by Colin and Jill Ryder Richardson, and raised in Surrey with her adopted sister Sarah. Her adoptive father, Colin, was a wartime Evacuee who survived the sinking of the SS City of Benares by a German U-Boat.
After an early career in modeling, she became a fitness instructor. She then managed children's interior shop Squidy Things, where she started designing and decorating children's bedrooms, which launched a career as an interior designer.
In March 2012, it was announced that Richardson and her husband were to be prosecuted over alleged breaches of health and safety legislation following an accident at their zoo in which a mother and child were injured by a falling branch. Subsequently charges against her were dropped but her husband and the zoo pleaded guilty to four charges and were fined a total of £74,000.
Richardson is married to Colin MacDougall.
- Apart from Changing Rooms, Richardson has appeared in several other home-design shows for the BBC including House Invaders and Staying Put.
- Airing in 2006, Richardson co-hosted the BBC room makeover show My Life for Sale with Lorne Spicer. The program is currently being syndicated in the United States on Vibrant TV Network.
- In summer 2006, she was a celebrity showjumper in the BBC's Sport Relief event Only Fools on Horses.
- She was a hidden celebrity on the CBBC show Hider in the House.
- She was the sixth person to leave the jungle in ITV's 2007 I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!.
- She appeared alongside fellow I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! contestant and eventual winner, Christopher Biggins, on a Celebrity Version of the ITV show Who wants to be a Millionaire?, which aired on 1 January 2008, in which Anna and Christopher shared a £50,000 prize for their chosen charities.
- "IMDb – Anna Ryder Richardson". Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "IMDb – Chaos at the Zoo (2008)". Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- Anna Ryder Richardson to be prosecuted after a toddler and mother crushed by falling tree at her zoo Daily Mail, 20 March 2012. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- Stone, Antony (22 November 2012). "Anna Ryder Richardson wildlife park fined after falling tree bough hospitalised three-year-old boy". The Independent (London). Retrieved 14 September 2013.