|Full name||Anna Stadium|
|Location||Khajamalai, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu,|
|Owner||Government of Tamil Nadu|
The Anna Stadium is a sports complex located in the Indian city of Tiruchirappalli. Constructed in 1970, it is spread over an area of 31.25 acres (12.65 ha). The complex also houses a multi-purpose indoor stadium and has separate courts for sports such as tennis, basketball, football and volleyball. It also has an Astro turf Hockey ground and a 400 metres (1,300 ft) athletic track. The stadium also includes a gymnasium, swimming pool and a sports hostel. The complex is located in Khajamalai, a suburb of Tiruchirappalli. The main football and athletics stadium, Anna Stadium, has a capacity of 20,000.
- Sainik Samachar 1979, p. 484.
- Baliga 1999, p. 1209.
- "Sports Infrastructure Facilities in the Districts" (PDF). Government of Tamil Nadu. p. 36. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- Leonard 2006, p. 82.
- G. Prasad (14 July 2011). "Tiruchi turns sports hub". The Hindu. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Leonard, A. G. (2006). Tamil Nadu economy. Macmillan India. ISBN 978-1-4039-3104-7.
- Sainik Samachar: The Pictorial Weekly of the Armed Forces. 1979.
- Madras (India : State); B. S. Baliga; B. S. Baliga (Rao Bahadur.) (1999). Madras District Gazetteers: Tiruchirappalli (pt. 1-2). Superintendent, Government Press.
FIH approved - Global Hockey Turf by Greenfields Sports Turf System www.greenfields.eu http://www.fih.ch/files/Sport/Pitches/Pitch%2001%20Jan%20(5).pdf
|This article about an Indian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|