Anna Tambour is an author of satire, fable and other strange and hard-to-categorize fiction and poetry.
Her novel Crandolin was shortlisted for the 2013 World Fantasy Award. Tambour's collection Monterra's Deliciosa & Other Tales & was published in 2003, and Spotted Lily, a novel, in 2005. Ebook editions of both of these were published by infinity plus in 2011.
Locus listed both Tambour's collections and both novels in their Recommended Reading lists. Her 2015 collection The Finest Ass in the Universe was shortlisted for an Aurealis Award for Best Collection. Spotted Lily was shortlisted in 2006 for the William L. Crawford Fantasy Award, and was recommended for a British Fantasy Society Award (Best Novel). In 2008, The Jeweller of Second-hand Roe won the Aurealis Award for best horror short story.
Tambour lives in the Australian bush, but has lived all over the world and is, in Tambour's words, "of no fixed nationality". In addition to writing fiction, Tambour also writes about and takes photographs of what she calls "magnificants — magnificent insignificants".
- The Road to Neozon. Obsidian Sky Books, Detroit, MI, USA, 2018, ISBN 978-1732298002
- Smoke, Paper, Mirrors. Infinity Plus, UK: 2017, ISBN 978-0995752214
- The Finest Ass in the Universe. Ticonderoga Publications, Greenwood, WA, Australia, 2015, ISBN 978-1925212150
- Crandolin. Ebook. Cheeky Frawg Books, Tallahassee, FL, USA, 2016, ASIN B01B264SNK
- Crandolin. Chomu Press, UK: 2012, 987-1-907681-19-6
- Monterra's Deliciosa & Other Tales &
- Spotted Lily
- "World Fantasy Convention 2013 -- World Fantasy Awards". Wfc2013.org. Archived from the original on 3 August 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "infinity plus". Infinityplus.co.uk. Archived from the original on 1 August 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "2015 Locus Recommended Reading List". Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "The Jeweller of Second-hand Roe", Subterranean Magazine #7 edited by Ellen Datlow
- "Anna Tambour - Blogger profile". Blogger.com. Retrieved 1 January 2015.