|Minister of National Education|
|Assumed office |
November 16, 2015
|Prime Minister||Beata Szydło|
|Preceded by||Joanna Kluzik-Rostkowska|
|Born||July 6, 1965|
|Political party||Law and Justice|
|Alma mater||University of Wrocław|
She joined liberal, democratic political party Freedom Union and subsequently moved to Law and Justice founded by Lech and Jarosław Kaczyński in 2001. From 2002 to 2007 Zalewska sat on the provincial council of the Świdnica County, and since 2006 served a second function of deputy starosta in the same office. She ran for Parliament first in 2005, but unsuccessfully. In Polish parliamentary election, 2007 she was elected Member of Sejm from a list of the Law and Justice Party. She ran in the Wałbrzych electoral district and won with 10,584 votes. In 2011 she was re-elected to Parliament in the same electoral district with 14,999 votes. In 2009 and 2014 she unsuccessfully ran for the European Parliament. In 2015, she was re-elected to Polish Parliament Sejm, winning 22,402 votes. On November 16, 2015 she was appointed Minister of Education in the acting government of Beata Szydło.
- "Anna Zalewska – strona prywatna". Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Strona sejmowa posła VII kadencji". Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Serwis PKW – Wybory 2011". Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Serwis PKW – Wybory 2015". Retrieved 2015-10-27.
- "Prezydent powołał rząd". prezydent.pl. 16 November 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-11-16. Retrieved 2015-11-16.