Anna von Hausswolff
|Anna von Hausswolff|
Anna von Hausswolff performing at Haldern Pop 2013
|Birth name||Anna Michaela Ebba Electra von Hausswolff|
|Also known as||Anna von Hausswolff|
6 September 1986 |
|Genres||Indie rock, art pop, experimental, drone music|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, organ|
|Labels||Kning Disk, Other Music Recording Co.|
She released her debut single, "Track of Time", on 5 February 2010, followed by the debut album Singing from the Grave. The album was very well received by the Swedish press. She played the Way Out West Festival in 2009. In March 2010 she opened for Tindersticks on three occasions and toured Brazil with Taken by Trees and Taxi Taxi! Then in 2011 she opened for Lykke Li thrice, and also for M.Ward at the Royal Dramatic Theatre in Stockholm. She has played at several big festivals in Sweden such as Peace and Love, Storsjöyran, Way Out West, Arvika, and Made Festival. Hausswolff is noted for her expressive voice and her live performances, and is sometimes compared to Kate Bush.
On July 9, 2013 Ceremony was released in North America by Other Music Recording Co., and Anna von Hausswolff played her debut US show on July 10 at Glasslands Gallery in Brooklyn. The album received strong support from National Public Radio's Bob Boilen, who said "Von Hausswolff's voice possesses the power to soar with those mighty pipes and still hold tight to delicate, personal emotions. I hope to find one album like Ceremony every year — a rare, thoughtful, inspiring record for a night on the couch or a candlelit evening — and now I've got one for 2013." She was also featured on NPR Weekend Edition Saturday, PRI's The World, WNYC Soundcheck, the New York Times, Pitchfork and more.
Track of Time (2010)
- "Track of Time"
- "Something Is Missing"
- "Gloomy Sunday"
Singing From the Grave (2010)
- "Move On"
- "Track of Time"
- "Above All"
- "Singing From the Grave"
- "Lost at Sea"
- "Old Beauty/Du kan nu dö"
- "The Book"
- "I am Leaving"
- "Epitaph of Theodor"
- "Mountains Crave"
- "Red Sun"
- "Epitaph of Daniel"
- "No Body"
- "Liturgy of Light"
- "Funeral For My Future Children"
- "Sun Rise"
The Miraculous (2015)
- "The Hope Only Of Empty Men"
- "Come Wander With Me/Deliverance"
- "En ensam vandrare"
- "An Oath"
- "The Miraculous"
In January 2013 for a photo shoot for a major newspaper in Sweden, Anna posed in a t-shirt sporting the name of the Norwegian black metal band Burzum, whose sole member has been involved in numerous controversies including a conviction in Norway for murder, for which she was instantly questioned and criticized. Von Hausswolff stated that she was a fan of his art, not his personal or political beliefs or actions.
- "Birthday.se". Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- Martin Hanberg (2010-02-27). "Lokalen viktig för Anna von Hausswolff" (in Swedish). Svenska Dagbladet. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- "Anna von Hausswolff — Track of Time". Kning Disk. Archived from the original on 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- "Anna von Hausswolff — Singing From the Grave". Kning Disk. Archived from the original on 2014-01-08. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "Anna von Hausswolff". Archived from the original on 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- Pettersen, Julia (2010-05-11). "En svensk Susanne Sundfør" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Archived from the original on 2010-05-14. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
- "von Hausswolff kritiseras för tröja" [von Hausswolff criticized for shirt]. Svenska Dagbladet (in Swedish). 2013-01-31. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna von Hausswolff.|