Annabelle Comes Home
|Annabelle Comes Home|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Gary Dauberman|
|Screenplay by||Gary Dauberman|
|Music by||Joseph Bishara|
|Edited by||Kirk Morri|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Annabelle Comes Home is an upcoming American supernatural horror film based on the legend of the Annabelle doll. It serves as a sequel to 2014's Annabelle and 2017's Annabelle: Creation, and as the seventh installment in the Conjuring Universe franchise. The film is written and directed by Gary Dauberman in his directorial debut, from a story co-written with James Wan. Wan also produced the film with Peter Safran. The film stars Mckenna Grace, Madison Iseman, and Katie Sarife, along with Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga, who are reprising their roles as Ed and Lorraine Warren from the Conjuring Universe.
Determined to keep Annabelle from wreaking more havoc, demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga) bring the possessed doll to the locked artifacts room in their home, placing her "safely" behind sacred glass and enlisting a priest's holy blessing. But an unholy night of horror awaits as Annabelle awakens the evil spirits in the room, who all set their sights on a new target - the Warren's ten-year-old daughter Judy (Mckenna Grace), and her babysitters (Madison Iseman and Katie Sarife).
- Mckenna Grace as Judy Warren
- Madison Iseman as Mary Ellen
- Katie Sarife as Daniela
- Patrick Wilson as Ed Warren
- Vera Farmiga as Lorraine Warren
- Stephen Blackehart as Thomas
- Steve Coulter as Father Gordon
- Paul Dean as Mr. Palmeri
- Samara Lee as Annabelle "Bee" Mullins
In early April 2018, Warner Bros. announced July 3, 2019, as the release date for a then-untitled new film in the Conjuring Universe franchise. Later that month, it was announced that the film would be another installment in the Annabelle series, with Gary Dauberman signed on to write and direct the film in his directorial debut, based on a story treatment written by Dauberman and James Wan. Wan and Peter Safran will co-produce the project.
During the 2018 San Diego Comic-Con, James Wan and Peter Safran revealed the film's events would take place after Annabelle and would focus on the doll after she was kept in the glass box in the Warrens' museum. Gary Dauberman later confirmed this by stating that the film will take place shortly after the beginning of The Conjuring where the titular character is introduced, but also before many of the events of the franchise's first installment.
In late September 2018, Mckenna Grace had been cast in the film as Judy Warren, the Warrens' 10-year-old daughter, as had Madison Iseman, as one of Judy's teenage babysitters. By October, Katie Sarife had joined the cast. That same month, it was announced Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga would reprise their roles as Ed and Lorraine Warren.
Production had commenced by October 17, 2018, in Los Angeles. On December 7, 2018, Patrick Wilson announced that he had finished filming his scenes. Filming officially wrapped on December 14, 2018.
- Pedersen, Erik (February 21, 2019). "Warner Bros Dates 'Space Jam 2', Shifts 'Annabelle' Sequel & 'Godzilla Vs. Kong'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- Marc, Christopher (August 2, 2018). "James Wan's Annabelle 3 Eyeing October Production Start In Los Angeles". GWW. Retrieved August 6, 2018.
- Anderson, Derek (November 21, 2018). "Official Synopsis for Third Annabelle Movie". Daily Dead. Retrieved November 27, 2018.
- Sương, Đông (March 31, 2019). ""Annabelle 3" trailer: Ms. Beo learned to ask Kayako, the ghost sister, to crawl into the blankets". Kenh 14. Retrieved April 2, 2019.
- Nam, Cathy (October 17, 2018). "Evil Comes Home as Production Begins on the Next Terrifying Chapter in New Line Cinema's Annabelle Series". Business Wire. Retrieved October 19, 2018.
- Kit, Borys (April 27, 2018). "Annabelle: Creation Sequel in the Works With Gary Dauberman Directing (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- Collis, Clark (July 19, 2018). "James Wan says third Annabelle film is 'basically A Night at the Museum, with Annabelle!'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 23, 2018.
- Eisenberg, Eric (September 11, 2018). "Annabelle 3 Is Set During A Surprising Point On The Conjuring Timeline". CinemaBlend. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
- Marc, Christopher (September 5, 2018). "Annabelle 3 Hires The Curse Of La Llorona Cinematographer Michael Burgess". GWW. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
- James, Johnathan (March 30, 2019). "Watch the Trailer for 'Annabelle Comes Home'". Daily Dead. Retrieved April 6, 2019.
- PTI (October 1, 2018). "Mckenna Grace to star in 'Annabelle 3'". The Hindu. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- Sprague, Mike (December 7, 2018). "Patrick Wilson on The Conjuring 3: It's Different Than Anything We've Seen". MovieWeb. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- Grace, McKenna (December 14, 2018). "❤️We did it🎬We wrapped Annabelle 3👻💔This is one I'll remember forever. Looked forward to seeing these people every morning and never wanted to go home at the end of the day. This cast, crew, and Judy Warren will always have a piece of my heart! Thankful to be part of the Conjuring universe!". Instagram. Retrieved December 24, 2018.
- Anderson, Derek (February 20, 2019). "The Weeping Woman Wanders Through the Woods in New Poster for The Curse of La Llorona". Daily Dead. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- Squires, John (March 15, 2019). "[Video] Short Teaser Reveals the Title Annabelle Comes Home!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- Chitwood, Adam (March 15, 2019). "Annabelle 3 Title Revealed". Collider. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- Anderson, Derek (March 15, 2019). "New Annabelle Film Officially Titled Annabelle Comes Home". Daily Dead. Retrieved March 15, 2019.
- Millican, Josh (March 30, 2019). "Trailer for Annabelle Comes Home Arrives to Haunt Your Weekend". Dread Central. Retrieved March 30, 2019.