Annada Government High School
|Annada Government High School|
|Number of students||Above 2,500|
|Campus||Urban, 7.8 acres (32,000 m2)|
Annada Government High School (Bengali: অন্নদা সরকারী উচ্চ বিদ্যালয়) is a government secondary school for boys, in Brahmanbaria, Bangladesh. The school was named after Raja Roy Bahadur Annada Prashad Roy who was a landlord of Kolkata. The school operates under the Comilla Education Board.This is the best school in Brahmanbaria district.
The school lies in the heart of Brahmanbaria town, the administrative headquarters of the district of the same name. It is the oldest and one of the largest schools in Brahmanbaria District. As of 2006, enrollment was 2,250.
The school started out, in 1860, as an aided Anglo-vernacular school. It was upgraded to a high school in 1875 with the help of Annada Prasad Roy Bahadur of Cassimbazar and zamindar of Sarail Estate. The founding headmaster was Babu Jogesh Chandra Sarker.
The school was nationalised on 1 May 1968.
In February 2009, Mrs. Farida Nazmeen joined as a headmaster.
Annada Government High School has a reputation for its excellent presence is co-curricular activities. Every year, students from this school cut great figure in all sorts of co-curricular activities. Specially it is famous for its strong debate, football, cricket, basketball, badminton, handball and volleyball team. Again, it has debate club and math club for the students. Its math club is called 'Annada Math Club' which is the first successful math club of the district. The club was founded on 28th April, 2017. 5 then students of class ten were the pioneer of the great club. Now the club running its activities successfully in the school.
- Sanaul Huq, a poet and civil servant
- Humayun Kabir, former state minister for health
- Al Mahmud, a notable poet
- Wahiduddin Mahmud, an economist and a past member of the Caretaker government
- Adwaita Mallabarman, author of A River Called Titash, matriculated in 1933
- Abdul Quadir, poet, essayist, and journalist, matriculated in 1923
- M Harunur Rashid, former professor and head of the department of English at Jahangirnagar University
- Ali, Md. Mansur (25 November 2006). "'Annada Govt High School' Light More Light". Star Insight. The Daily Star.
- Islam, Muhammad Saiful (2012). "Huq, Sanaul". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Mallabarman, Adwaita (1993). A River Called Titash. Translated by Bardhan, Kalpana. University of California Press. p. 263. ISBN 978-0-520-08050-8.
- Haq, Mahbubul (2012). "Quadir, Abdul". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
|This Bangladesh school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|