Annai Oru Aalayam
|Annai Oru Aalayam|
|Directed by||R. Thyagarajan|
|Produced by||C. Dhandayudhapani|
|Written by||Thooyavan (dialogues)|
|Story by||Sandow M. M. A. Chinnappa Devar|
|Cinematography||P. N. Sundaram|
|Edited by||M. G. Balurao|
P. Nandakumar Reddy
Annai Oru Aalayam (transl. Mother is a Temple) is a 1979 Indian Tamil-language adventure film directed by R. Thyagarajan. It was simultaneously shot in Telugu with the title Amma Evarikaina Amma (transl. Mother is mother for all). The film stars Rajinikanth as an animal hunter who helps a baby elephant to reach its mother. It was a commercial success and included music composed by Ilaiyaraaja. The film was a remake of the Hindi film Maa (1976).
- Anjali Devi
- Mohan Babu
- Major Sundarrajan (Tamil)
- S. A. Asokan (Tamil)
- Chalam (Telugu)
- Allu Ramalingiah (Telugu)
The elephant calf was played by Ganesh.
The soundtrack consists of six songs composed by Ilayaraja with lyrics by Vaali. The song "Amma Nee Sumandha" is set in Charukesi raga.
|1||Amma Nee Summandha Pillai||T. M. Soundararajan||04:04||Vaali|
|2||Appane Appane||S.P.Balasubramanium and P.Susheela||04:32|
|3||Nadhiyoram||S.P.Balasubramanium and P.Susheela||04.14|
|4||Malai Aruvi (Malayoram)||S.P.Sailaja||03:48|
- Sreekanth, Gayatri (2008). The Name is Rajinikanth. Om Books International. p. 369.
- Ramachandran, Naman (2014) . Rajinikanth: The Definitive Biography. Delhi: Penguin Books. p. 98. ISBN 978-0-14-342111-5.
- "யானைகளுடன் ரஜினி நடித்த `அன்னை ஓர் ஆலயம்': சிறுத்தையை தோள் மீது சுமந்த அபூர்வ காட்சி". Maalai Malar (in Tamil). 9 November 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Shanmugavadivu, T (1 October 2018). "R Thyagarajan: A perfectionist behind the camera". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- Mani, Charulatha (3 February 2012). "A Raga's Journey — The charm of Charukesi". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|