Annai Oru Aalayam
|Annai Oru Aalayam|
|Directed by||R. Thyagarajan|
|Written by||Thooyavan (dialogues)|
|Story by||Sandow M. M. A. Chinnappa Devar|
|Produced by||C. Dhandayudhapani|
|Cinematography||P. N. Sundaram|
|Edited by||M. G. Balurao|
P. Nandakumar Reddy
Annai Oru Aalayam (transl. Mother is a Temple) is a 1979 Indian Tamil-language adventure film directed by R. Thyagarajan. It was simultaneously shot in Telugu with the title Amma Evarikaina Amma (transl. Mother is mother for all). The film stars Rajinikanth as an animal hunter who helps a baby elephant to reach its mother. It was a commercial success and included music composed by Ilaiyaraaja. The film was a remake of the Hindi film Maa (1976).
This article needs an improved plot summary. (September 2021)
An animal hunter seeks to help a baby elephant reach its mother.
- Anjali Devi
- Mohan Babu
- Major Sundarrajan (Tamil)
- S. A. Asokan (Tamil)
- Chalam (Telugu)
- Allu Ramalingiah (Telugu)
The elephant calf was played by Ganesh.
|1||Amma Nee Summandha Pillai||T. M. Soundararajan||04:04||Vaali|
|2||Appane Appane||S.P.Balasubramanium and P.Susheela||04:32|
|3||Nadhiyoram||S.P.Balasubramanium and P.Susheela||04.14|
|4||Malai Aruvi (Malayoram)||S.P.Sailaja||03:48|
- Sreekanth, Gayatri (2008). The Name is Rajinikanth. Om Books International. p. 369. ISBN 9788187108443.
- Ramachandran, Naman (2014) . Rajinikanth: The Definitive Biography. Delhi: Penguin Books. p. 98. ISBN 978-0-14-342111-5.
- "யானைகளுடன் ரஜினி நடித்த 'அன்னை ஓர் ஆலயம்': சிறுத்தையை தோள் மீது சுமந்த அபூர்வ காட்சி". Maalai Malar (in Tamil). 9 November 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Shanmugavadivu, T (1 October 2018). "R Thyagarajan: A perfectionist behind the camera". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- "Annai Ore Aalayam Tamil Film LP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Retrieved 20 September 2021.
- Mani, Charulatha (3 February 2012). "A Raga's Journey — The charm of Charukesi". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 September 2019.