|Directed by||Ch. Narayana Murthy|
|Produced by||A. M. M. Issmayil|
|Screenplay by||Ch. Narayana Murthy|
|Story by||Ch. Narayana Murthy|
S. V. Ranga Rao
M. N. Nambiar
M. N. Rajam
|Music by||S. M. Subbaiah Naidu|
|Cinematography||J. G. Vijayam|
|Edited by||M. A. Perumal|
|Distributed by||Paragon Pictures|
|4 July 1958|
Annaiyin Aanai (English: Mother's order) is a Tamil language drama film starring Sivaji Ganesan, Savitri and Pandari Bai in the lead roles. The film, directed by Ch. Narayana Murthy, had musical score by S. M. Subbaiah Naidu and was released on 4 July 1958. The film won National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil in 1959.
- Sivaji Ganesan as Shankar & Ganesh
- Savithri as Prema
- Pandari Bai as Gowri
- S. V. Ranga Rao as Parobakaram
- M. N. Nambiar as Balu
- C. R. Parthibhan as Police Officer
- M. N. Rajam as Sundari
- M. R. Santhanam as Karunakaran
- Kuladeivam V. R. Rajagopal
- T. P. Muthulakshmi
Annaiyin Aanai was produced by A. M. M. Issmayil under Paragon Pictures. Ch. Narayana Murthy directed the film besides writing the story and screenplay, while Murasoli Maran wrote the dialogues. C. Raghavan was the art director, M. A. Perumal was the editor, B. Hiralal was the choreographer, and J. G. Vijayam was the cinematographer. One scene in the film required Savitri's character to become emotional, grab Ganesan's character by the shirt and shake him excessively. Savitri tore Ganesan's shirt and clawed his chest, resulting in him bleeding heavily. Afterwards when he pretended to hit her with a towel, she controlled her emotions and stopped.
The music composed by S. M. Subbaiah Naidu. Lyrics by A. Maruthakasi, Ku. Ma. Balasubramaniam, Ka. Mu. Sheriff, K. S. Gopalakrishnan & Va. Somanathan. Playback singers are T. M. Soundararajan, C. S. Jayaraman, P. Leela, P. Suseela, Jikki, A. P. Komala & A. G. Rathnamala.
|1||Patthu Maadham Sumandhu.... Annaiyai Pol Oru||T. M. Soundararajan||Ka. Mu. Sheriff||04:16|
|2||Kanavin Maayaa Logathile||T. M. Soundararajan & P. Suseela||Ku. Ma. Balasubramaniam||03:30|
|3||Neeyegadhi Eswari||P. Leela||A. Maruthakasi||03:08|
|4||Kollaadhe Idhupole Pollaadha Ulagame||C. S. Jayaraman & A. P. Komala||03:20|
|5||Enna Saami Ennai appadi Paarkire||A. G. Rathnamala, Seergazhi Govindarajan
S. C. Krishnan
|6||Puriyadha Inbam Ariyaadha Pudhumai||P. Suseela||Va. Somanathan||03:30|
|7||Samrat Ashokan [Drama]||Sivaji Ganesan, M. N. Nambiar||Murasoli Maran||08:42|
|8||Thandhaana Thaana Thaanaa.... Senthaazham Poo||Jikki||K. S. Gopalakrishnan||04:28|
|9||Vaanga Vaanga Maappile||P. Leela & P. Suseela||A. Maruthakasi||03:29|
- 1959 – National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil – Certificate of Merit
- "Annayin Anai". The Indian Express. 4 July 1958. p. 10.
- "filmography". nadigarthilagam.com. p. 5.
- Ganesan, Sivaji; Narayanaswamy, T. S. (2007) . Autobiography of an Actor. Sivaji Prabhu Charities Trust. p. 103.
- "Annaiyin Aanai Songs". Raaga.com. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- "6th National Film Awards". International Film Festival of India. Retrieved 3 September 2011.