Minetti with former Italian President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi
December 27, 1976 |
Minetti was a beauty pageant contestant in the 1997 edition of Miss Italia; she gained public attention because she was the first blind woman admitted to the competition. She placed in 7th position and won the title of Miss Gambissime (Miss Super Legs).
Sanremo Music Festival
At the age of 15, helped by her uncle, she took the first steps into the music scene, singing in piano bars covers of Prince, Ray Charles, Celine Dion and Aretha Franklin, her favorite artist. In 1998 she won the 48th edition of the Sanremo Music Festival with the song Senza te o con te.
As a para-sport athlete Minetti competes in the T11 disability classification category. She competed in the 2012 Summer Paralympics in the 1500 metres but due to there being no T11 race in the schedule, she entered the T12 event. She ended the race in third position but set a new world record for her class, beating the previous record set by Miroslava Sedlackova.
- "Singer and paralympic record breaker". Lifestyle 43. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Non vedente, subito prima". Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Annalisa Minetti - Biography". Official Website. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "La Minetti conquista Sanremo". Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Annalisa Minetti profile". London 2012. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- Media related to Annalisa Minetti at Wikimedia Commons