Annals of Internal Medicine
|Annals of Internal Medicine|
|Annals of Clinical Medicine|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Ann. Intern. Med.|
|Edited by||Christine Laine|
American College of Physicians (United States)
Annals of Internal Medicine is an academic medical journal published by the American College of Physicians (ACP). It publishes research articles and reviews in the area of internal medicine. Its current editor-in-chief is Christine Laine. Selected articles in the journal are open access; these include patient oriented content and Clinical Guidelines (and related reviews).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Academic OneFile
- Academic Search
- BIOSIS Previews
- CAB Direct
- Chemical Abstracts
- Current Contents - Clinical Medicine
- Current contents - Live Science
- Global Health
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Science Citation Index
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
The Annals of Internal Medicine was established in 1927 and has been published twice monthly since 1988. The American College of Physicians previously produced two other journals. The Annals of Medicine was established in 1920 was discontinued after a short run due to financial problems of the publisher. The Annals of Clinical Medicine was renamed to the current title when the ACP took direct control and became publisher. Editors-in-chief have included Aldred Scott Warthin, Carl Weller, Maurice Pincoffs (1933-1960), Paul Clough, J. Russell Elkington (1960-1971), Edward Huth, Robert and Suzanne Fletcher, Frank Davidoff and Harold C. Sox. Peer review was introduced by Elkington. In May 2008, ACP Journal Club was merged into Annals of Internal Medicine as a monthly feature; previously it was a separate bimonthly journal.
- "Annals of Internal Medicine". Ulrichsweb. ProQuest. Retrieved 2014-12-27. (subscription required (. ))
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "CINAHL Complete Database Coverage List". CINAHL. EBSCO Information Services. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "Annals of Internal Medicine". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Medicine, General & Internal". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- Huth, EJ; Van Steenburgh, KC (1977). "Annals of Internal Medicine: The first 50 years". Annals of Internal Medicine 87 (1): 103–10. doi:10.7326/0003-4819-87-1-103. PMID 327884.
- Huth, EJ; Case, K (2002). "Annals of Internal Medicine at age 75: Reflections on the past 25 years". Annals of Internal Medicine 137 (1): 34–45. doi:10.7326/0003-4819-137-1-200207020-00010. PMID 12093243.
- Usmiani, Tina (July 22, 2008). "ACP Journal Club merged with Annals of Internal Medicine". The LibVine. Dalhousie University. Retrieved 29 September 2012.