A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Annamaria Lusardi in 2013
|Institution||The George Washington University|
Annamaria Lusardi is an Italian-born economist and the Denit Trust Distinguished Scholar and Professor of Economics and Accountancy at The George Washington University School of Business, where she also serves as the Academic Director of the Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center. Her interests focus on financial literacy and financial education, and she is considered an authority in those fields.
- BA, Bocconi University, 1986
- PhD, Princeton University, 1992
In 2009 she became the Joel Z. and Susan Hyatt Professor of Economics. In 2010, Lusardi began working at the George Washington University where she is a chair professor and serves as the Denit Trust Distinguished Scholar and Professor of Economics and Accountancy at the School of Business. Lusardi is the director of the Financial Literacy Center, a joint initiative between Dartmouth College, the RAND corporation, and the Wharton School. She was recently elected chair of the Research Committee of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development/International Network on Financial Education.
Awards and honors
In 2013, Lusardi received the William E. Odom Visionary Leadership Award from the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy, and the National Numeracy Network’s inaugural 2012 Steen Award. She is the recipient of the Fidelity Pyramid Prize, a $50,000 award to authors of published applied research that best helps address the goal of improving lifelong financial well-being for Americans.
- Lusardi, Annamaria; Mitchell, Olivia S. (March 2014). "The Economic Importance of Financial Literacy: Theory and Evidence". Journal of Economic Literature. 52 (1): 5–44. doi:10.1257/jel.52.1.5.
- van Rooij, Maarten; Lusardi, Annamaria; Alessie, Rob (May 2012). "Financial Literacy, Retirement Planning and Household Wealth". The Economic Journal. 122 (560): 449–478. doi:10.1111/j.1468-0297.2012.02501.x.
- Lusardi, Annamaria; Mitchell, Olivia S. (October 2011). "Financial Literacy Around the World". Journal of Pension Economics and Finance. 10 (4): 497–508. doi:10.1017/s1474747211000448.
- Lusardi, Annamaria; Schneider, Daniel; Tufano, Peter (Spring 2011). "Financially Fragile Households: Evidence and Implications" (PDF). Brookings Papers on Economic Activity: 83–134. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-05-31.
- van Rooij, Maarten; Lusardi, Annamaria; Alessie, Rob (2011). "Financial Literacy and Stock Market Participation" (PDF). Journal of Financial Economics. 101 (2): 449–472. doi:10.1016/j.jfineco.2011.03.006.
- Hurst, Erik; Lusardi, Annamaria; Kennickell, Arthur; Torralba, Francisco (February 2011). "The Importance of Business Owners in Assessing the Size of Precautionary Savings". Review of Economics and Statistics. 92: 61–69. doi:10.1162/rest.2009.11500.
- Lusardi, Annamaria; Mitchell, Olivia S. (May 2008). "Planning and Financial Literacy: How Do Women Fare?". The American Economic Review. 92 (2): 413–417. doi:10.1257/aer.98.2.413.
- Lusardi, Annamaria; Mitchell, Olivia S. (January 2007). "Baby Boomer Retirement Security: The Role of Planning, Financial Literacy, and Housing Wealth". Journal of Monetary Economics. 54: 205–224. doi:10.1016/j.jmoneco.2006.12.001.(Awarded the Fidelity Pyramid Prize.)
- Hurst, Erik; Lusardi, Annamaria (April 2004). "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship". Journal of Political Economy. 112 (2): 319–347. doi:10.1086/381478.
- Lusardi, Annamaria (May 1998). "On the Importance of the Precautionary Saving Motive". The American Economic Review. 88 (2): 449–453. JSTOR 116965.
- Browning, Martin; Lusardi, Annamaria (December 1996). "Household Savings: Micro Theories and Micro Facts" (PDF). Journal of Economic Literature. 34: 1797–1855.
- Lusardi, Annamaria (January 1996). "Permanent Income, Current Income and Consumption: Evidence from Two Panel Data Sets". Journal of Business and Economic Statistics. 14 (1): 81–90. doi:10.2307/1392101. JSTOR 1392101.
- "GW Business - Annamaria Lusardi". George Washington University. May 12, 2017.
- "Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center". July 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "They've Got It: Fixes for the Financial System". April 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "CEE Board Member, Annamaria Lusardi, Integral on PISA Results". August 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "5 Things to Know About Financial Literacy". August 2014. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- "Dartmouth webpage for Annamaria Lusardi". April 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Financial Literacy Center Webpage". February 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "OECD/INFE". Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Annamaria Lusardi Honored with William E. Odom Visionary Leadership Award". March 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "NNN Announces The Steen Award". February 2013. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Dartmouth professor wins Fidelity's Pyramid Prize". November 2007. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center webpage
- On Google Scholar: Annamaria Lusardi