This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Annamarie Tendler Mulaney
June 9, 1985
|Alma mater||The New School|
John Mulaney (m. 2014)
Annamarie Tendler Mulaney (born June 9, 1985) is an American makeup artist, writer, and lampshade designer. She is best known for her blog The Daily Face, and is the author of Pin It!: 20 Fabulous Bobby Pin Hairstyles and The Daily Face: 25 Makeup Looks for Day, Night, and Everything In Between!.
Early life and education
Tendler was born in Connecticut. According to an interview with Architectural Digest, Tendler studied hairstyling at Vidal Sassoon and the Make-up Designory after graduating high school, and then went on to study photography at Parsons School of Design. She received her bachelor’s degree from The New School in writing and psychology.
Tendler began work as a hairstylist and makeup artist in New York City. In December 2007, she started The Daily Face on Tumblr. From there, Tendler joined with MTV Style on various styling segments. Her tutorials have been featured in numerous magazines from Glamour to HelloGiggles.
Tendler owns a business called Silk Parlor, which makes hand-crafted Victorian style lampshades. As a makeup artist and hair stylist, she has worked on various television series and comedy specials, including: The Old Man and the Seymour, CollegeHumor Originals, John Mulaney: New in Town, Aziz Ansari: Dangerously Delicious and John Mulaney: The Comeback Kid.
In a series of tweets on October 11, 2017, Tendler accused actor and director Ben Affleck of groping her in 2014, writing, “I would also love to get an apology from Ben Affleck who grabbed my ass at a Golden Globes party in 2014”.
- Annamarie, Tendler (September 16, 2014). The Daily Face: 25 Makeup Looks for Day, Night, and Everything In Between!. Chronicle Books. ISBN 978-1452128108.
- Annamarie, Tendler (February 28, 2017). Pin It!: 20 Fabulous Bobby Pin Hairstyles. Chronicle Books. ISBN 978-1452158389.
- Minton, Melissa (March 14, 2018). "Annamarie Tendler Mulaney Taught Herself How to Make Victorian Lampshades—and Now It's Her Full-Time Job Icon". Architectural Digest. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- Paige, Rachel (October 5, 2014). "Who Is John Mulaney's Wife? Annamarie Tendler Is About To Be Your New Style Icon". Bustle. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- Webber, Stephanie (July 6, 2014). "John Mulaney Marries Fiancee Annamarie Tendler". US Magazine. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- Chavez, Danette (October 12, 2017). "Makeup artist Annamarie Tendler says Ben Affleck groped her". AV Club. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- Mizoguchi, Karen (October 12, 2017). "Makeup Artist Annamarie Tendler, Wife of Comedian John Mulaney, Claims Ben Affleck Groped Her at Hollywood Party". People. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "The Best Part of John Mulaney's Stand-Up is His Jewish Wife Jokes". Alma. May 2, 2018. Retrieved May 9, 2019.