|Founded||December 1, 2016|
Annapurna Games, LLC, doing business as Annapurna Interactive, is a subsidiary of Annapurna Pictures and a video game publisher. Titles published by the company include What Remains of Edith Finch, Gorogoa, Donut County, and Florence.
The company was founded as a division of Annapurna Pictures on December 1, 2016 as Annapurna's attempt to expand into the interactive game industry. The company's early staff was composed of existing Annapurna executive, producer Neale Hemrajani and technology head James Masi along with several video game veterans, including Nathan Gary, Deborah Mars, Hector Sanchez, and Jeff Legaspi, who had worked in Sony Interactive Entertainment and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Jenova Chen also served as the company's advisor. The company aimed to publish games that are "personal, emotional, and original".
On the day of establishment, the company announced several publishing deals it had signed with several independent developers. This includes Gorogoa, What Remains of Edith Finch, an untitled project (later revealed as Wattam) from Keita Takahashi, and an unannounced game (later revealed as Florence) from Ken Wong, the designer of Monument Valley. In 2017, Annapurna announced that it will begin publishing more independent games, including The Artful Escape, Ashen, and Telling Lies.
- Sprangler, Todd (December 1, 2016). "Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Launches Video Game Division". Variety. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Sinclair, Brandon (December 1, 2016). "Annapurna Pictures gets into game publishing". Gameindustry.biz. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Dornbush, Jonathon (December 1, 2016). "Annapurna Pictures Announces Video Game Publishing Division Annapurna Interactive". IGN. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- D'Anastasio, Cecilia (30 March 2017). "A Musical Indie Game Starring A Teen With A Cosmic Guitar". Kotaku. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- Cosimano, Mike (June 11, 2017). "Open-world RPG Ashen is the next game from Annapurna Interactive". Destructoid. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Chalk, Andy (July 14, 2017). "Her Story creator reveals new game will be called Telling Lies". PC Gamer. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Chalk, Andy (2019-02-14). "Flower, the 2009 PS3 hit, is finally on PC". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2019-02-23.
- "Florence is a game about love from the designer behind Monument Valley". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- de Rochefort, Simone (June 16, 2017). "Donut County: How I learned to love being a hole". Polygon. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- McCarthy, Katy (August 22, 2018). "Gone Home on Switch Delayed to September". Eurogamer. Retrieved August 28, 2018.
- Takahashi, Dean (March 15, 2018). "Outer Wilds is about backpacking in outer space". Venture Beat. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- "Sayonara Wild Hearts". Simogo. 2018-12-07. Retrieved 2018-12-08.
- "ABOUT". TWELVE MINUTES. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- Dornbush, Jonathon (March 13, 2019). "Solar Ash Kingdom: Hyper Light Drifter Devs Reveal New Game". IGN. Retrieved March 13, 2019.