|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|village of historical importance|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|PIN||533406 [Annavaram Shankavaram(mandal) at East Godavari District]|
|Nearest city||Rajahmundry, Visakhapatnam, Kakinada|
Anna translates to "what you desire", while "varam" means boon or godsend. Hence, the name Annavaram is an expression of the belief that the deity will endow one with whatever one desires.
The most distinctive feature of Annavaram is the shrine to Lord Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Swamy situated upon the Ratnagiri Hills. The land is considered to belong to both Lord Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Swami Temple and Goddess Anantalaxmi Satyavathi Ammavaru.
National Highway 5 passes through Annavaram. The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation operates bus services from Annavaram bus station. Annavaram railway station is located at the main Howrah-Chennai main line. It is classified as a B–category station in the Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Temples -> Annavaram" (Web page). eastgodavari.nic.in. Government of India. 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "About Annavaram" (Web page). hoparoundindia.com. HopAroundIndia.com.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Vijayawada Division – a profile" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Annavaram.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Annavaram.|