|Born||January 11, 1966|
Port of Spain, Trinidad
|Occupation||Non-fiction writer, Financial Analyst|
|Notable works||"The Trading Book: A Complete Solution to Mastering Technical Systems and Trading Psychology" (2011)|
Anne-Marie Baiynd (born January 11, 1966) is an American author, financial analyst, technical analyst. Baiynd published her Market Positioning System (MPS) in 2011 to educate beginning day traders on the tools and techniques that have her listed in Traders At Work: World's Most Successful Traders Make Their Living in the Markets. Baiynd runs a day trading room where subscribers can follow her trades online and provides swing trading set-ups as well as trading education through her web site.
In 1994, Baiynd began conducting research on the efficacy of vagus nerve stimulation in the treatment of intractable epilepsy at Carolina Neurological. From there she began engaging the public as a corporate speaker and trainer. She also held a position as a vice president of sales and eventually served as CEO of the recruitment firm, SPIRIT ipds, Inc., until 2006.
While attending a SUCCESS magazine convention in 2005, she was introduced to technical analysis at a session led by Phil Town. After 14 years in recruiting she took this opportunity to make a change in her career.
Baiynd took one class from Investools and began trading real money. After struggling in the markets for 18 months, Baiynd stopped trading with real money and began paper trading to learn market rhythms. Baiynd is primarily a self-taught technical analyst though she does credit Brian Shannon and Peter Reznicek for her learning about multiple time frames and market internals such as ticks. Early in her career she considered herself primarily a swing trader. Baiynd applies technical analysis for trades on multiple time frames for shorter term trading and not for longer term "Buy and hold" investments.
Soon after StockTwits launched their services in 2009, Baiynd joined the service and began offering trade suggestions and advice. StockTwits founder Howard Lindzon, in his book The StockTwits Edge, states that "While I've not met Anne-Marie, her reputation for good ideas is second to none. She offers complete and detailed ideas around her strategy and then follows up with commentary on how trades performed." In the 2013 E-book on THE BEST OF THE BEST by Brian Lund, Baiynd's mental and chart analysis philosophies from StockTwits are quoted.
Baiynd was interviewed as one of the "World's Most Successful Traders" by Tim Bourquin and Nicholas Mango in their book Traders at Work: How the World's Most Successful Traders Make Their Living in the Markets.
Market Positioning System
Baiynd first published her Market Positioning System (MPS) in 2011. She covers the details of the MPS in detail in her first book The Trading Book: A Complete Solution to Mastering Technical Systems and Trading Psychology. The book is geared towards beginning day traders.
One unique feature in the book is that Baiynd speaks explicitly about her failures early in her trading career and what she did to overcome these challenges. She describes in great detail with large charts her MPS and how she trades the momentum as the prices move. Her MPS applies the concepts of support and resistance levels, price channels, moving averages, Fibonacci retracements and Bollinger Bands to select the proper time to enter a trade long or sell short. Even though the book is written with the novice in mind, traders that already use these tools can take away information about their subtleties.
Baiynd also describes the need to create a trading journal to log your daily activities so that you can perform a through after action review of trades that went well as well as those that did not. She also follows up with examples from her own journal. This builds a framework around her discussions on the psychological side of trading.
In the book review by the magazine Futures, reviewer Leslie Masonson states that Baiynd provides a very "actionable and pragmatic approach to day trading." Brenda Jubin at Seeking Alpha stated that the book "may not be the greatest thing since white bread, but it’s a darned good read."
- Bourquin, Tim; Mango, Nicholas (2013). Traders at Work: How the World's Most Successful Traders Make Their Living in the Markets. Apress. ISBN 978-1430244431. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- Gopalakrishnan, Jayanthi; Faber, Bruce (2011). "Trade Smart With Anne-Marie Baiynd". Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities. Archived from the original on 2013-06-15. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- Hoffman, Damien (2010-02-17). "Exclusive: Top Indie Trader Anne-Marie Baiynd". Wall St Cheat Sheet. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- Shannon, Brian (2008). Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes. LifeVest Publishing, Inc. ISBN 1598795805.
- Sykora, Allen (2012-03-15). "Webinar: S&P Capital IQ Analyst Looks For Higher Gold Price By Year-End". Forbes. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Russolillo, Steven; Cheng, Jonathan (2013-05-16). "Day Traders Steer Tesla Higher". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- Lindzon, Howard; Pearlman, Philip; Ivanhoff, Ivaylo (2011). The StockTwits Edge: 40 Actionable Trade Set-Ups from Real Market Pros. Wiley Trading. ISBN 978-1118029053.
- Lund, Brian (March 2013). TRADING: THE BEST OF THE BEST - Top Trading Tips for Our Times. BCLund.com Blog. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- Sizemore, Charles (2013-08-08). "A New Kind Of Investing Book? Brian Lund Offers Advice From Real World Traders". Forbes. Retrieved 2013-08-10.
- Baiynd, Anne-Marie (2011). The Trading Book: A Complete Solution to Mastering Technical Systems and Trading Psychology. McGraw-Hill. p. 272. ISBN 9780071766494. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- Masonson, Leslie N (2012-06-01). "The Trading Book: A Complete Solution to Mastering Technical Systems and Trading Psychology - Book Review". Futures. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- Jubin, Brenda (2011-07-11). "Book Review: Baiynd's 'The Trading Book'". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved 2013-04-26.
- TheTradingBook.com - Baiynd's website and trading service