Anne Caroline Salisbury
|Anne Caroline Salisbury|
15 December 1805|
|Died||3 May 1881(aged 75)|
|Father||Thomas Salisbury (1761 - 05 Apr 1810)|
|Mother||Frances Webb (10 April 1775 - 22 January 1862)|
Anne Caroline Salisbury (1805 – 3 May 1881) was the wife of Edwyn Burnaby, and mother of Edwyn Sherard Burnaby and Caroline Louisa Burnaby. She is the maternal great-grandmother of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother and great-great-grandmother of Queen Elizabeth II.
Anne's father was Thomas Salisbury (1761, Marshfield House, Settle, North Yorkshire – 1810), a solicitor of Fordington, Dorset. His parents were Thomas Salisbury and Mary Lister. Anne's mother was Frances Webb. Frances Webb's parents were Francis Webb and Mary Garritt.
On 29 August 1829, she married Edwyn Burnaby, an English landowner, of Baggrave Hall, Leicestershire, a Justice of the Peace, Deputy Lieutenant, and High Sheriff of Leicestershire in 1864. He also succeeded his father in the Court post of Gentleman of the Privy chamber.
They had several children, including:
- Edwyn Sherard Burnaby (1830–1883), general and Member of Parliament
- Caroline Louisa Burnaby (1832–1918), by whom she became great-great-grandmother of Queen Elizabeth II in an all-female line.
- Cecilia Florence Burnaby (d. 1869), married George Onslow Newton.
- Gertrude Laura Burnaby (d. 1865), married Ernest Augustus Mallet Vaughan, 5th Earl of Lisburne
- Ida Charlotte Burnaby (1839–1886) m. John Augustus Conolly
- Sergeant, Helen (n.d.). "Settle's royal connection - North Craven Heritage Trust". Retrieved December 22, 2017.
- Davies, Edward (n.d.). "SOME DESCENDANTS OF JOHN AND FRANCES (SKEY) WEBB" (PDF). Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- Burke, John, History of The Commoners of Great Britain and Ireland, London, 1838, vol.iv, pps702-4
- Joseph Jackson Howard; Frederick Arthur Crisp. Visitation of England and Wales. p. 39. Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- Nicholas, Thomas. Annals and Antiquities of the Counties and County Families of Wales. p. 201. Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- Census return (1881) PRO Ref.: RG11 Piece 0099 Folio 119 p. 11
- Townend, P (ed.) (1965) Burke's Landed Gentry, 18th edition. pp. 102–105. (Burke's Peerage, London); The Times Friday, 6 May 1881; no. 30187, p. 1, col. A