Anne Donovan (author)
Anne Donovan is a Scottish author from Glasgow best known for her novel Being Emily (Canongate, 2003). Her short story collection Hieroglyphics and Other Stories was published in 2001. This is currently one of the prose set texts for Scottish Literature in Scottish schools. Her first novel, Buddha Da, was shortlisted for the Orange Prize in 2003. A second novel, Being Emily, followed in 2008. Her most recent novel Gone Are The Leaves (Canongate, 2014), was short-listed for the 2014 Saltire Scottish Literary Book of the Year Award.
- Denholm Andrew (27 November 2012). "Works chosen for Scottish literature question named". Herald Scotland. Retrieved 26 October 2019.
- "Saltire Literary Awards 2014 Shortlist Announced!". Saltire Society Scotland. 4 October 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2019.
- Nicol, Christopher 'Anne Donovan's Buddha Da' Scotnote No 27 (Glasgow: ASLS Publications, 2010)
- Official website
- Interview with Anne Donovan at The Barcelona Review
- Short story: But at Scottish Book Trust
- BBC Learning Zone: All That Glisters dramatised short story
- Glasgow Women's Library: Lassie Wi A Yellow Coatie podcast
- Opening chapter of 'Gone Are The Leaves' read by Anne Donovan on Soundcloud
- All That Glisters Bafta Nominated animation by Claire Lamond