|Born||Anne Ryan Thomas
March 4, 1934
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
|Died||May 26, 2001
Studio City, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Heart failure|
|Other names||Anne T. Haney
|Spouse(s)||John Haney (19??-1980; his death); 1 child|
Anne Haney (born Anne Ryan Thomas; March 4, 1934 – May 26, 2001) was an American actress of stage and screen, perhaps best known for her roles as social worker Mrs. Sellner in Mrs. Doubtfire and Greta the secretary in Liar Liar.
Haney appeared in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Survivors" as Rishon Uxbridge, and later appeared as a Bajoran arbitrator in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Dax". She was a regular guest-star during the syndicated run of Mama's Family, playing Alberta Meechum, the nemesis of Thelma Harper. On Our House she played fussy neighbor Virginia Taft. She was also a regular guest-star of L.A. Law, playing Judge Marilyn Travelini. She guest starred on Cheers, Designing Women, The Golden Palace, Charmed, Boy Meets World, Columbo, ER, and Curb Your Enthusiasm as the mother of Mary Steenburgen's character. One of her last appearances was in the Ally McBeal season 4 episode "Reasons to Believe" (which aired on January 8, 2001).
Haney was born in Memphis, Tennessee. She was married to John Haney, a public television executive whom she met at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she had been studying drama, radio, and television. After his death in 1980, she moved with their daughter to Southern California, where she began her acting career. Haney was close friends with actor Robert Reed. She and Reed's daughter, Karen, were the only persons Reed allowed to visit him as he fought and eventually succumbed to colon cancer.
On May 26, 2001, Haney died of heart failure at age 67. She was survived by her daughter Melissa Haney-Hacker, a granddaughter, and her sister. Her remains were cremated.
- Hopscotch (1980)
- The Children Nobody Wanted (1981, made-for-television)
- The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia (1981)
- Making Love (1982)
- Some Kind of Hero (1982)
- The Bad Seed (1985)
- Malice in Wonderland (1985)
- The Twilight Zone (1985) Episode "The Toys of Caliban"
- Lime Street (1985)
- Mr. Belvedere (1985) Episode "Sweet Charity"
- The Best of Times (1986)
- The Golden Girls (1986)
- Blind Justice (1986)
- Elvis and Me (1988)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1989)
- Northern Exposure (1992)
- Quantum Leap (1992) Episode "A Single Drop of Rain"
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993)
- Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
- The American President (1995)
- Mother (1996)
- Liar Liar (1997)
- Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997)
- Psycho (1998)
- Forces of Nature (1999)
- The Out-of-Towners (1999)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000) Episode "Ted and Mary"
- Charmed "Aunt Gail" Episode "How to Make a Quilt Out of Americans" (2000)