|Born||Anne Solway Hegerty
14 July 1958
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
|Other names||The Governess, Anne Heggheadity|
Freelance proofreader and editor
|Known for||The Chase (2010–)
The Chase Australia (2015–)
She is one of the chasers on the ITV game show The Chase, alongside Mark Labbett, Shaun Wallace, Paul Sinha and Jenny Ryan. As well as being in the UK version, she is also a Chaser on the Australian version of the show on the Seven Network.
Anne Hegerty was born in 1958 in the City of Westminster, to Kenneth and Shirley Brereton Hegerty (née Smith; 1924–1993). She was raised in Wood Green, where her brother, Jonathan, was born in 1963.
Hegerty has made appearances on a number of other quiz shows, including Mastermind, Fifteen to One, Today's the Day, Are You an Egghead? and Brain of Britain. As of October 2016,[update] she was ranked 55th (and second among women) in the World Quizzing Championships. In November 2013 she competed in the Bolton Premier Quiz League to become Brain of Bolton for the second time.
In December 2014, Hegerty appeared in the pantomime Cinderella as the wicked stepmother at the Grange Theatre in Northwich. In December 2015 she appeared as Fleshcreep in the pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk at the Civic Hall, Ellesmere Port, which was also booked for performance at Heywood and Radcliffe.
At Easter 2016, Hegerty appeared as the Enchantress in the pantomime Beauty and the Beast, alongside Keith Chegwin and Basil Brush, at The Palace Theatre, Redditch, which sold out, and other venues. From 6 December 2016 to 1 January 2017, she appeared as Blackweed in the pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk at The Kings Theatre, Southsea, Portsmouth.
- "The Chase". itv.com.
- Thynne, Jane (4 February 2010). "The Week in Radio: Why can't the Brain of Britain be a woman?". The Independent.
- The Chase : Sneak Peak - Anne Hegerty Interview. 18 August 2014 – via YouTube.
- "The Chase: Meet the Chasers". Bradley Walsh.
- "Results". worldquizzing.com.
- Scoble, Andy (7 November 2013). "TV quiz champion named Brain of Bolton for second time". The Bolton News. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Win tickets to Cinderella". Mid-Cheshire Independent. Independent Newspapers. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "Ellesmere Port Dancers Star in Annual Panto". Chester Chronicle. 4 January 2016. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Beauty and the Beast at Redditch's Palace Theatre". Redditch and Alcester Advertiser. 21 March 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Cast climb to the stars in The Kings panto, Jack and the Beanstalk". The News. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.