|Other names||The Governess|
|Known for||The Chase (2010–present)|
The Chase Australia (2015–present)
Britain's Brightest Family (2018–present)
I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! (2018)
Anne Solway Hegerty (born 14 July 1958) is an English television quiz personality and one of the "chasers" on the ITV game show The Chase. She was a contestant in the 2018 ITV reality show I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!.
Hegerty is one of the chasers on the ITV game show The Chase, alongside Mark Labbett, Shaun Wallace, Paul Sinha and Jenny Ryan. As well as being in the UK version, she is also a chaser on the Australian version of the show on the Seven Network with fellow UK chasers Mark Labbett and Shaun Wallace. In the Chase episode aired on 15 April 2019, Hegerty went through the whole show without getting a question wrong.
Hegerty has made appearances on a number of other quiz shows, including Mastermind, Fifteen to One, Today's the Day, Are You an Egghead? and Brain of Britain. As of October 2016,[update] she was ranked 55th (and second among women) in the World Quizzing Championships. In November 2013 she competed in the Bolton Premier Quiz League to become Brain of Bolton for the second time.
In December 2014, Hegerty appeared in the pantomime Cinderella as the wicked stepmother at the Grange Theatre in Northwich. In December 2015 she appeared as Fleshcreep in the pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk at the Civic Hall, Ellesmere Port, which was also booked for performance at Heywood and Radcliffe. At Easter 2016, Hegerty appeared as the Enchantress in the pantomime Beauty and the Beast, alongside Keith Chegwin and Basil Brush, at the Palace Theatre, Redditch, which sold out, and other venues. From 6 December 2016 to 1 January 2017, she appeared as Blackweed in the pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk at the Kings Theatre, Southsea, Portsmouth. From 8 to 31 December 2017, she appeared as The Empress of China in the pantomime Aladdin at the Princess Theatre (Torquay). From 18 December 2018 to 6 January 2019, she appeared as Queen Rat in the pantomime Dick Whittington at the Theatre Royal (Windsor); Anita Harris played the role until Hegerty returned from I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here.
On 19 October 2017, Hegerty appeared alongside fellow chaser Mark Labbett on an episode of Celebrity Juice. She also guested on an edition of BBC Radio 4's I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, which was broadcast in December 2017.
Hegerty started her journalistic career in the 1980s as a reporter and feature writer at the South Wales Argus, based in Newport, South Wales, before moving to Manchester, England. Hegerty has also worked as a ghostwriter.
|2015–present||The Chase Australia||Channel 7|
|2018–present||Britain's Brightest Family||Presenter||ITV|
|2018||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Contestant|
- "The Chase". itv.com.
- Thynne, Jane (4 February 2010). "The Week in Radio: Why can't the Brain of Britain be a woman?". The Independent.
- Debnath, Neela (18 July 2016). "The Chase: Viewers amazed as the Governess makes a shocking confession". Daily Express. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- Knox, David (22 May 2017). "Secrets of Anne Hegerty's success". TV Tonight. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "The Chase: Meet the Chasers". Bradley Walsh.
- "Results". worldquizzing.com. Archived from the original on 7 June 2012. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- Scoble, Andy (7 November 2013). "TV quiz champion named Brain of Bolton for second time". The Bolton News. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Win tickets to Cinderella". Mid-Cheshire Independent. Independent Newspapers. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- "Ellesmere Port Dancers Star in Annual Panto". Chester Chronicle. 4 January 2016. Retrieved 5 February 2016.
- "Beauty and the Beast at Redditch's Palace Theatre". Redditch and Alcester Advertiser. 21 March 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Cast climb to the stars in The Kings panto, Jack and the Beanstalk". The News. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Aladdin Pantomime". By The Dart. Retrieved 3 January 2018.[permanent dead link]
- "Dick Whittington". Theatre Royal, Windsor. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Dick Whittington". Maidenhead Advertiser. Retrieved 6 January 2018.[permanent dead link]
- "Britain's Brightest Family Episode 1". "ITV Press Centre". Archived from the original on 4 December 2017. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "Results – World Quizzing Championships".
- Deen, Sarah (5 December 2018). "Anne Hegerty is the fifth celebrity booted out of I'm A Celebrity jungle". Metro. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- Povey, Tomos (13 November 2018). "Former Argus journalist Anne Hegerty to appear in I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!". South Wales Argus. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- @anne_hegerty (5 June 2019). "I actually once wrote two books under the name Richard Scarry. (With his permission, I should add. He couldn't do EVERYTHING himself.) They were a bit rubbish and nobody bought them" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- The Chase : Sneak Peak - Anne Hegerty Interview. 18 August 2014 – via YouTube.
- Manchester students beat 'The Governess'. Jesuits In Britain. 1 December 2014.