Anne Margrethe Hausken
Anne Margrethe Hausken
|Competitor for Norway|
|Junior World Championships|
|1996 Banská Bystrica/Donovaly||Relay|
|1996 Banská Bystrica/Donovaly||Classic distance|
Hausken finished second in sprint at the 2005 World Orienteering Championships in Aichi, behind Simone Niggli-Luder. She received a silver medal in the relay event at the 2005 World Championships (with Marianne Andersen and Marianne Riddervold), and a bronze medal in 2007 (with Ingunn Hultgreen Weltzien and Marianne Andersen). At the 2008 World Championships in Olomouc she received a gold medal in the Sprint event, before Minna Kauppi and Helena Jansson. This was Hausken's first gold medal at the world championships.
She finished third in the Overall World Cup 2005, and first in 2008.
Hausken had great success in the 2008 European Orienteering Championships in Ventspils, where she won two individual gold medals. In the sprint distance (2.5 km) she defeated Heli Jukkola by a margin of only 3 seconds. In the long distance (11 km) she finished first with Tatiana Ryabkina on second and Emma Engstrand third place. She has a bronze medal in sprint from the 2002 championships in Sümeg.
World cup 2008
With the two victories from Ventspils, Hausken got a flying start in the World Cup in 2008. In the next event, the middle distance at the O-festifal in Siggerud, she again finished first. This was her first major win in the middle course. The next day's long distance was a pursuit race where she was passed by Minna Kauppi but finished second, only a few seconds behind Kauppi. With 417 points and victories in three of the first five races she was ranked first in the WC 2008. Further five wins secured her the overall victory in the 2008 World Cup, with a total of 917 points. Behind her came Minna Kauppi, second with 747 points, and Helena Jansson, overall third with 430 points.
Clubs and career
Hausken, grown up in Karmøy, has represented her "home" club Torvastad IL, and later Bækkelagets SK. After suffering from overtraining, she abandoned training for two year (1999 and 2000), but returned to the sport in 2001. She currently competes for Halden SK.
Hausken was Junior world champion in ski-orienteering in relay in 1996 together with Kristin Tolstad Uggen and Stine Hjermstad Kirkevik, and received an individual silver medal in the classic distance.
In 2011 Hausken defended her doctorate thesis, Epidemiology of anxiolytic and hypnotic drug use in the general population in Norway.
- 18:35 - Sunday, June 22 – World Cup standings: no change at the top – IOF World Cup 2008 (Retrieved on June 23, 2008)
- World Orienteering Championship, senior statistics 1966-2006 (Retrieved on December 22, 2007)
- European Orienteering Championships 2008 – Ventspils, Latvia, 25 May - 1 June – International Orienteering Federation (Retrieved on June 19, 2008)
- World Cup O-festivalen: Double Norway (Retrieved on June 23, 2008)
- World Cup O-festivalen: Double Finland (Retrieved on June 23, 2008)
- IOF World Ranking – Anne Margrethe Hausken (Retrieved on June 23, 2008)
- "Profile: Anne Margrethe Hausken" – World of O Runners (Retrieved on June 23, 2008)
- SKI-JWOC 1996 SVK – Slovakia, Banska Bystrica/Donovaly, 5-12 February 1996 – IOF (Retrieved on June 23, 2008)
- "Disputas: Anne Margrethe Hausken". University of Oslo. Retrieved 4 October 2012.