|Member of the Scottish Parliament
5 May 2011 – 23 March 2016
30 January 1970 |
|Political party||Scottish Labour|
|Alma mater||University of Strathclyde|
|Committees||Local Government and Regeneration, Public Petitions|
McTaggart is also a member of Community Union.
She was elected at a by-election (on 4 June 2009) as a Councillor in the Drumchapel/Anniesland ward of Glasgow City Council. The seat was previously held by SNP MSP Bill Kidd, who resigned the seat in April 2009 to focus on his parliamentary activities by ending his dual mandate as councillor and MSP.
She sat on five Committees, including the Personnel Appeals Committee, and is a member of the Education Children and Families Policy Development Committee and the West Local Community Planning Partnership. In addition she was a Councillor member of Glasgow Regeneration Agency 2011 Ltd.
She was a member of the European and External Relations Committee and a Substitute member of the Equal Opportunities Committee.
McTaggart received cross party support to become Convener of the Cross Party Group on Poland, and Deputy Convenor of the following Scottish Parliament CPGs: Credit Unions, Social Enterprise and Tibet.
She was Scottish Labour's Shadow Minister for Democracy.
She did not seek re-election to Glasgow City Council in the 2012 Scottish Local Elections thus ending her dual mandate.
In November 2012 McTaggart was criticised for her Parliamentary expenses used to purchase books shortly after her election, including Public Speaking and Presentation for Dummies, The Scottish Parliament: An Introduction and several books on Labour politician Barbara Castle. However, the books were purchased for her successful non-party political mentoring scheme for women.
- Labour Wins Anniesland By-election
- As the old guard departs, has the time come for Glasgow's reformer?
- Democracy Live - Anne McTaggart MSP
- "Glasgow City Council - Councillors". Glasgow City Council. 4 June 2009. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- Labour wins Anniesland by-election
- "Glasgow City Council - Committee Membership For: Anne McTaggart". Glasgow City Council. 4 June 2009. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- "Glasgow City Council - Outside Body Membership: Anne McTaggart". Glasgow City Council. 4 June 2009. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- "Vote 2011 - Scottish Elections - Regions - Glasgow". BBC News. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- "Revealed: Holyrood expenses payouts include Labour MSP who bought public speaking guide 'for dummies'". Daily Record. 28 November 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2013.