Anne Minh-Thu Quach
|Anne Minh-Thu Quach
Minh-Thu Quach in October 2016
|Member of Parliament|
|Preceded by||riding created|
|Preceded by||Claude DeBellefeuille|
|Succeeded by||riding abolished|
August 14, 1982 |
|Political party||New Democratic Party|
|Spouse(s)||Mathieu Dube (m. 2013)|
Anne Minh-Thu Quach, MP (born August 14, 1982 in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Quebec) is a Canadian politician, who was elected to the Canadian House of Commons in the 2011 election. She represents the electoral district of Salaberry—Suroît as a member of the New Democratic Party.
She taught French at École Edgar-Hébert for five years and another short stint from August 2010 to May 2011 at École Baie-St-François. Very active in the Syndicat de l'enseignement de Champlain, the regional teachers union that includes Longueuil, she served for three years on its executive committee and represented it on the general council of the Centrale des Syndicats du Québec, the union central that includes over 100,000 teachers and about 75,000 other employees in health, social services, community, culture and recreation.
Quach speaks French and English. She is married and has a daughter who was born in 2014.
|Canadian federal election, 2015: Salaberry—Suroît|
|New Democratic||Anne Minh-Thu Quach||18,726||30.43||-13.17||–|
|Bloc Québécois||Claude DeBellefeuille||17,452||28.36||-5.39||–|
|Conservative||Albert De Martin||6,132||9.97||-2.72||–|
|Strength in Democracy||Patricia Domingos||184||0.30||n/a||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||61,535||100.00||$233,770.86|
|Total rejected ballots||998||1.60||–|
|New Democratic hold||Swing||-17.11|
|Source: Elections Canada|
|Canadian federal election, 2011: Beauharnois—Salaberry|
|New Democratic||Anne Minh-Thu Quach||23,978||43.78||+32.22||–|
|Bloc Québécois||Claude DeBellefeuille||18,182||33.20||-16.86||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||54,771||100.00||–|
|Total rejected ballots||778||1.40||–|
|New Democratic gain from Bloc Québécois||Swing||+24.54|
|Canadian federal election, 2008: Beauharnois—Salaberry|
|Bloc Québécois||Claude DeBellefeuille||26,904||50.06||+2.53||$57,397|
|New Democratic||Anne Minh-Thu Quach||6,214||11.56||+4.01||$2,272|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||53,735||100.00||$89,601|
|Bloc Québécois hold||Swing||-4.52|
- Madan, Richard (10 September 2013). "Despite slumping polls, for the NDP it's been the Summer of Love". CTV News. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Un retour dans l'arène politique pour la candidate du NPD Archived July 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Le Journal St- François, April 6, 2011
- Election 2011: Beauharnois—Salaberry. The Globe and Mail, May 2, 2011.
- "About Anne Minh-Thu". anneminhthuquach.ndp.ca. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Elections Canada – Confirmed candidates for Salaberry—Suroît, 30 September 2015
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived 2015-08-15 at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a Quebec Member of Parliament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|