|The Right Honourable
Lady Justice Rafferty
|Lady Justice of Appeal|
5 July 2011
|Succeeding||The Lord Dyson PC QC|
|Born||Anne Judith Rafferty
26 July 1950
|Spouse(s)||Brian Barker CBE QC|
|Children||4 (1 deceased)|
Dame Anne Judith Rafferty, DBE, PC, QC (born 26 July 1950), officially styled The Right Honourable Lady Justice Rafferty, is an English jurist, who has served as a Lady Justice of Appeal of England and Wales since 2011.
Educated at Wolverhampton Girls' High School and a graduate of the University of Sheffield, Rafferty was the first woman Chair of the Criminal Bar Association. She was appointed Queen's Counsel in 1990 and a Recorder the following year. In 1999, she was promoted Deputy High Court Judge, before her appointment to the High Court of Justice in 2000, when she was assigned to the Queen's Bench Division; she received the customary accolade of the realm as Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE).
- "Senior Judiciary". judiciary.gov.uk.
- "Explorers, doctors and top geneticist given honorary degrees". 12 July 2005. Archived from the original on 6 June 2011.
- "Appointment of Lords Justices of Appeal". number10.gov.uk. 30 June 2011. Archived from the original on 5 July 2011.
- "Privy Council appointments". 6 October 2011.
- "University of Sheffield appoints new Chancellor". 24 November 2014.
Sir Peter Middleton
|Chancellor of the University of Sheffield