July 28, 1973 |
San Mateo County, California
|Residence||Los Altos Hills, California|
|Alma mater||Yale University|
|Known for||Co-founder and CEO of 23andMe|
|Spouse(s)||Sergey Brin (married 2007–2015)|
|Relatives||Susan Wojcicki (sister)|
Wojcicki, the youngest of three daughters, was born in San Mateo County, California. Her parents are Esther Wojcicki (née Hochman), an educator, and Stanley Wojcicki, a physics professor emeritus at Stanford University. Her sisters are Susan Wojcicki, CEO of YouTube and a former executive at Google  and Janet Wojcicki, PhD, anthropologist and epidemiologist at UCSF. Her mother is Jewish and her father is a Polish American.
Wojcicki grew up on the Stanford campus. When she was 2, she learned how to figure skate, but later quit and started playing ice hockey. She attended the Gunn High School in Palo Alto, California, and was a top editor for the Oracle, the school newspaper and won a scholarship for her sports stories. She attended Yale University, where she was a competitive ice skater and played on the varsity ice hockey team. She graduated with a B.S. in biology in 1996. She did molecular biology research at the National Institutes of Health and University of California, San Diego.
After graduating, Wojcicki worked as a healthcare consultant at Passport Capital, a San Francisco-based investment fund and at Investor AB. She was a health care investment analyst for 10 years overseeing healthcare investments, focusing on biotechnology companies. Disillusioned by the culture of Wall Street and its attitude towards health care, she quit in 2000 and intended to take the MCAT and enroll in medical school. However, she decided to focus on research.
In 2006, she co-founded 23andMe with Linda Avey. 23andMe is a privately held personal genomics and biotechnology company based in Mountain View, California that provides rapid genetic testing. The company is named for the 23 pairs of chromosomes in a normal human cell. Their personal genome test kit was named 'Invention of the Year' by Time magazine in 2008. In October 2013, The Fast Company named Wojcicki as "The Most Daring CEO".
Wojcicki married Google co-founder Sergey Brin in May 2007. They have a son, Benji Wojin, born in December 2008, and a daughter, Chloe Wojin, born in late 2011. News reports on August 28, 2013 announced that Wojcicki and Brin were living separately but that they were not legally separated. On March 16, 2015, Wojcicki filed for legal separation, which was approved on May 1, 2015. In March 2015 Wojcicki filed for divorce which was finalized in May 2015.
- "Register of Actions/Docket for Case Number 6-15-FL-014237". The Superior Court of California - County of Santa Clara. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- Date of birth found on the California Birth Index 1905-1995, under WOJCICKI, ANNE E, on 18 July 1973 in San Mateo County.
- Barry Schwartz (February 27, 2013). "Anne Wojcicki, Google's Co-Founders Wife, On TMZ With Google Glass". Search Engine Roundtable. Retrieved July 2, 2013.
Anne Wojcicki, married to Google's co-founder, Sergey Brin and the sister of Susan Wojcicki, a Google executive...
- Sellers, Patricia (February 1, 2012). "Before Google, the Wojcicki girls learned from Mom". Fortune Magazine. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- Murphy, Elizabeth (October 14, 2013). "INSIDE 23ANDME FOUNDER ANNE WOJCICKI'S $99 DNA REVOLUTION". The Fast Company. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- Duke, Scott (May 16, 2007). "Google co-founder Sergey Brin gets hitched in the Bahamas". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- Hafner, Katie (May 29, 2007). "Silicon Valley Wide-Eyed Over a Bride". New York Times. Retrieved July 2, 2013.
Anne Wojcicki, the 33-year-old former health care investment analyst who this month married a handsome young computer scientist..
- "100 Marathons’ Worth of Miles Awaits Sam Fox ’09 in Charitable Effort for Parkinson’s". Yale University Bulldogs. August 4, 2011. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- 23andMe. "board members". Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- Cha, Ariana Eunjung (June 27, 2014). "23andMe co-founder Anne Wojcicki’s Washington charm offensive". The Washington Post. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- 23andMe. "corporate info". Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- "Fact Sheet". 23andme.com. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- Hamilton, Anita (October 29, 2008). "Best Inventions of 2008". Content Time. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- 23andMe (October 19, 2013). "CEO Anne Wojcicki named "The Most Daring CEO in America" by @FastCompany Read the cover story". Twitter. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- The Way I Work: Anne Wojcicki, 23andMe
- Gannes, Liz (August 28, 2013). "Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin and 23andMe Co-Founder Anne Wojcicki Have Split". All Things Digital.
- Grigoriadis, Vanessa (April 2014). "O.K., Glass: Make Google Eyes". Vanity Fair. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- "Register of Actions/Docket for Case Number 6-15-FL-014237". Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Lorenzetti, Laura (2015-06-24). "Google's Sergey Brin and 23andMe's Anne Wojcicki legally divorced". Fortune. Retrieved 25 June 2015.