Anne of Austria, Margravine of Brandenburg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other people named Anna of Austria, see Anna of Austria (disambiguation).
|Anna of Austria|
Image of Anna from the 15th century
|Margravine of Brandenburg|
|Spouse||Herman, Margrave of Brandenburg-Salzwedel
Henry VI the Good
|Issue||Judith, Count of Henneberg
John V, Margrave of Brandenburg
Matilde, Duchess of Greater Poland
Agnes, Margravine of Brandenburg
Elisabeth, Duchess of Oleśnica
|House||House of Habsburg|
|Father||Albert I of Germany|
|Mother||Elisabeth of Tirol|
- Jutta of Brandenburg (1301–1353), heiress of Coburg, married to Count Henry VIII of Henneberg
- John (1302–1317), succeeded his father, but died young
- Matilde of Brandenburg (died 1323) married Henry IV the Faithful
- Agnes of Brandenburg (1297–1334), heiress of the Altmark, married with margrave Waldemar of Brandenburg (1281–1381) and in 1319 to Duke Otto of Brunswick-Göttingen (1290–1344).
In 1308, Herman died, and their son John succeeded him.
- Elisabeth of Brieg (ca. 1311 – 20 February? 1328), married before 10 January 1322 to Duke Konrad I of Oleśnica.
- Euphemia of Brieg (Ofka) (ca. 1312 – 21 March after 1384), married before 29 November 1325 to Duke Bolesław the Elder of Niemodlin (Falkenberg).
- Margaret of Brieg (ca. 1313 – 8 March 1379), Abbess of St. Clara in Wrocław (1359).
Anna died in 1327 in Legnica. She left her husband a widower, and she had failed to produce a son. When her husband died ten years later, Wrocław was merged with the Bohemian crown.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2012)|
|Ancestors of Anne of Austria, Margravine of Brandenburg|
- Marek, Miroslav. "Complete Genealogy of the House of Piast: Silesia". Genealogy.EU. External link in
|publisher=(help)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Henry was also Duke of Brzeg and Legnica between 1296 and 1311 as co-ruler with two brothers, who divided up the Silesian duchies among themselves in 1311.Cawley, Charles, SILESIA, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy, retrieved August 2012,[better source needed]
Title last held byHedwig of Habsburg
|Margravine of Brandenburg-Salzwedel
23/24 August 1298 – 1 January 1308
Title next held byKatharina of Glogau
Title last held byElisabeth of Kalisz
|Duchess consort of Wrocław
territories of the Duchy of Wrocław incorporated into the Kingdom of Bohemia
|Duchess consort of Brzeg
Title next held byMargaret of Bohemia
|Duchess consort of Legnica