|Member of Parliament
for Oxford East
8 June 2017
|Preceded by||Andrew Smith|
|Member of the European Parliament
for South East England
1 July 2014 – 8 June 2017
|Preceded by||Peter Skinner|
|Succeeded by||John Howarth|
16 March 1978 |
|Political party||Labour Party (PES)|
|Alma mater||St. Hilda's College, Oxford
University of Edinburgh
London School of Economics
Anneliese Jane Dodds (born 16 March 1978) is a British Labour Party politician who was elected as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Oxford East in 2017. She was formerly a Member of the European Parliament for the South East England region from 2014–2017.
Dodds was born in Aberdeen, Scotland and moved to South East England in 1996 where she studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics at St Hilda's College, Oxford. She graduated from Oxford with a first-class degree, and subsequently read for a master's in Social Policy at the University of Edinburgh, followed by a PhD in Government at the London School of Economics.
Dodds was elected as a Member of the European Parliament for the South East England region in 2014. In the European Parliament, Dodds sat on the European Parliament's Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs.
Previously Dodds had unsuccessfully campaigned for the constituency of Billericay in the 2005 General Election and the constituency of Reading East in the 2010 general election. She was also unsuccessful in the 2006 Oxford City council elections for the ward of Holywell.
- "No. 61961". The London Gazette. 19 June 2017. p. 11784.
- "About Anneliese". anneliesedoddsmep.uk. 23 July 2016. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- "Congratulations". sthildas.ox.ac.uk. 2014-05-27. Archived from the original on 18 June 2014. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Dr Anneliese Dodds". Aston University. 21 May 2017. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Lanktree, Graham (19 June 2015). "Britain should put City of London under EU financial rules – Deutsche Bank vice chairman". International Business Times. IBTimes Co., Ltd. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
...UK Labour MEP Anneliese Dodds, who sits on the EU's Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee.
- "About Anneliese". Anneliesedodds.org.uk. 22 May 2014. Archived from the original on 27 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Rust, Stuart (28 April 2017). "Parliamentary candidate announced to replace Labour's Andrew Smith". The Oxford Times. Gannett. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Reshuffle 2: The Maintenance of the Malcontents". New Socialist. 8 July 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Billericay General Election Results 2005". electoralcommission.org.uk. Electoral Commission. 10 July 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Reading East General Election Results 2010". electoralcommission.org.uk. Electoral Commission. 10 July 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Election Results - Oxford City Council All Wards 2006". oxford.gov.uk. 10 July 2017. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Contributions in Parliament at Hansard 2010–present
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament
for Oxford East
|This article about a Labour Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (MP) representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom elected at the 2017 general election or a subsequent by-election is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|