|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Anne Cuif|
|Area1||12.31 km2 (4.75 sq mi)|
|• Density||11/km2 (29/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||08014 / 08310|
|Elevation||98–168 m (322–551 ft)
(avg. 120 m or 390 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Annellois or Annelloises
Annelles is located some 10 km south-east of Rethel and 4 km north-east of Juniville. It can be accessed by the D25 road from Juniville which passes through the heart of the commune and the village and continues to Saulces-Champenoises in the north-east. Apart from the village the commune is entirely farmland.
|The official status of the blazon is yet to be determined
List of Successive Mayors
|1843||1855||Alexandre-Louis Lescuyer||General Counsel|
(Not all data is known)
In 2009 the commune had 140 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known from the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Culture and heritage
The Church contains 3 Paintings: The Descent from the Cross, Christ and the Samaritan, and the Apparition of Madeleine (18th century) which are registered as historical objects.
The oldest families
From the 1600s onwards the most prominent families were: Rogelet, Mahaut, Desterbay, Thierard, Vuibert, Hinguerlot, Guillet, Micart, Carrelot, Bonnevie, Perinet, Detez, Coutin, Fricoteau, Tocut, Giot, Forest, Verdelet, Lacour, Misset, Bechard, Mayot, Fequant, Lambert, Guillemin, Prévoteau, Soibinet, Simon, Melin, and Gobron.
- Jeanne Alexzandrine Pommery, born at Annelles on 13 April 1819 and died at Chigny-les-Roses (Marne) on 18 March 1890 was the founder of the House of Pommery, makers of Champagne wines.
- Annelles on the old National Geographic Institute website (French)
- Annelles on Lion1906
- Annelles on Google Maps
- Annelles on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (French)
- Annelle on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Annelles on the INSEE website (French)
- INSEE (French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 , the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" allows, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- Inhabitants of Ardennes (French)
- Google Maps
- List of Mayors of France
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM08000634 3 Paintings: The Descent from the Cross, Christ and the Samaritan, and the Apparition of Madeleine (French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Annelles.|