Annetta North, Texas
|Annetta North, Texas|
Location of Annetta North within Parker County, Texas.
|• Mayor||Rob Watson|
|• Total||3.3 sq mi (8.6 km2)|
|• Land||3.3 sq mi (8.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||160/sq mi (60/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1388247|
The Town of Annetta North was incorporated on August 11, 1979, and Phyllis M. Studer was elected as its first mayor. The current mayor is Rob Watson.
Annetta North is a small town that is mostly residential and farmland. There is only one church building, and the only other public places in the town are a car repair shop and riding arena. Both the Clear Fork and the South Fork of the Trinity River pass through the town, as well as Burgess Creek and the Dixon Branch. O'Neal Cemetery is located within the town limits as well.
Annetta North is located at (32.720231, -97.680992).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 3.3 square miles (8.5 km2), all of it land.
At the 2000 census, there were 467 people, 164 households and 140 families residing in the town. The population density was 140.1 per square mile (54.1/km²). There were 172 housing units at an average density of 51.6 per square mile (19.9/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.93% White, 0.43% Native American, 0.21% from other races, and 0.43% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.93% of the population.
There were 164 households of which 41.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 78.7% were married couples living together, 4.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 14.6% were non-families. 12.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 2.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.85 and the average family size was 3.11.
27.6% of the population were under the age of 18, 4.9% from 18 to 24, 25.5% from 25 to 44, 29.6% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 100.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.3 males.
The median household income was $68,750 and the median family income was $76,604. Males had a median income of $57,500 compared with $22,500 for females. The per capita income for the town was $36,091. About 1.6% of families and 0.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under age 18 and 2.7% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- AnnettaNorth.com – The official website of the Town of Annetta North