|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly|
from the 33rd district
|Assumed office |
January 12, 2016
Serving with Raj Mukherji
|Preceded by||Carmelo Garcia|
|Born||October 8, 1967|
|Alma mater||Hoboken High School|
|Website||Legislative web page|
Annette Chaparro (born October 8, 1967) is an American Democratic Party politician who has represented the 33rd Legislative District in the New Jersey General Assembly since she was sworn into office on January 12, 2016.
After the local Democratic Party decided to keep Assemblyman Carmelo Garcia off the primary ballot, a deal was reached in March 2015 between Senator Brian P. Stack, who is the mayor of Union City, and Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer to nominate Chaparro to replace Garcia on the ballot.
As a member of the General Assembly, Chaparro has been appointed to serve on the Homeland Security and State Preparedness Committee, the Law and Public Safety Committee and the Transportation and Independent Authorities Committee.
Each of the 40 districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 33rd Legislative District for the 2018-2019 Legislative Session are:
- Assemblywoman Annette Chaparro, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed August 21, 2016.
- Brush, Chase. "Democratic leaders said to have found a suitable replacement for Garcia in LD33", New York Observer, March 4, 2015. Accessed August 23, 2016. "But in the last several weeks, those familiar with the backroom deliberations say Stack and Zimmer have reached an agreement. Annette Chaparro, a longtime Hoboken resident and employee of city hall, is in line as Zimmer's choice to fill Garcia's Assembly seat in the party's June Democratic primary."
- Legislative Roster 2018-2019 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed February 28, 2019.
- Assemblywoman Chaparro's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms
|New Jersey General Assembly|
| Member of the New Jersey General Assembly for the 33rd District
January 12, 2016 – present
With: Raj Mukherji
|This article about a New Jersey politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|