A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2020)
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly|
from the 33rd district
|Assumed office |
January 12, 2016
Serving with Raj Mukherji
|Preceded by||Carmelo Garcia|
|Born||October 8, 1967|
|Alma mater||Hoboken High School|
|Website||Legislative web page|
Annette Chaparro (born October 8, 1967) is an American Democratic Party politician who has represented the 33rd Legislative District in the New Jersey General Assembly since she was sworn into office on January 12, 2016.
New Jersey Assembly
After the local Democratic Party decided to keep Assemblyman Carmelo Garcia off the primary ballot, a deal was reached in March 2015 between Senator Brian P. Stack, who is the mayor of Union City, and Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer to nominate Chaparro to replace Garcia on the ballot.
- Law and Public Safety, Vice-Chair
- Special Committee on Infrastructure and Natural Resources, Vice-Chair
- Community Development and Affairs
- Transportation and Independent Authorities
In the 2018-2019 legislative session, Chaparro was primary sponsor on the following bills signed into law:
- A-1428 Requires Department of Education to develop guidelines for school districts concerning child trafficking awareness and prevention.
- A-5002 Permits certain planned real estate developments to file certain liens; concerns limited priority of certain liens.
- AJR-122 Designates September 20 of each year as Hispanic Journalist Pride Day.
Each of the 40 districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 33rd Legislative District for the 2020-2021 Legislative Session are:
- Assemblywoman Annette Chaparro, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed August 21, 2016.
- Brush, Chase. "Democratic leaders said to have found a suitable replacement for Garcia in LD33", The New York Observer, March 4, 2015. Accessed August 23, 2016. "But in the last several weeks, those familiar with the backroom deliberations say Stack and Zimmer have reached an agreement. Annette Chaparro, a longtime Hoboken resident and employee of city hall, is in line as Zimmer's choice to fill Garcia's Assembly seat in the party's June Democratic primary."
- "Bill View". New Jersey State Legislature. Retrieved April 2, 2020.
- "McKnight, Chaparro, Chiaravalloti & Vainieri Huttle Bill to Help Combat Child Trafficking Signed Into Law". New Jersey Assembly Democrats. Retrieved 2020-04-02.
- Legislative Roster 2020-2021 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed April 2, 2020.
- Assemblywoman Chaparro's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- Assemblywoman Chaparro's Assembly Democrats web page
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms
|New Jersey General Assembly|
| Member of the New Jersey General Assembly for the 33rd District
January 12, 2016 – present
With: Raj Mukherji