Annette D'Agostino Lloyd
Annette D'Agostino Lloyd
Annette D'Agostino Lloyd, 2007
Annette Marie D'Agostino
August 8, 1962
Staten Island, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Rumford, Rhode Island, U.S.|
|Alma mater||St. John's University (New York)|
|Occupation||Silent film historian, legal secretary|
|Spouse(s)||Scott Lloyd (1999-present)|
Annette Marie Lloyd (née D'Agostino; born August 8, 1962, Staten Island, New York) is a silent film historian and author of numerous books on silent film and television, particularly on the life and works of actor Harold Lloyd.
Between 2000-05 she was a celebrity biographer and production coordinator[clarification needed] at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. She was formerly an adjunct professor of speech communication at Hofstra University and an adjunct professor of communication at William Paterson College.
- The Lloyd Herald. (Harold Lloyd fan club magazine) (as Annette D'Agostino); self-published (ISSN 1084-8134), 1995-99.
- Harold Lloyd: A Bio-Bibliography (as Annette M. D'Agostino), Greenwood Press 1994; ISBN 0-313-28986-7.
- An Index to Short and Feature Film Reviews in the Moving Picture World: The Early Years, 1907 - 1915 (as Annette M. D'Agostino), Greenwood Press 1995; ISBN 0-313-29381-3.
- Filmmakers in The Moving Picture World: An Index of Articles, 1907-1927 (as Annette M. D'Agostino), McFarland 1997; ISBN 0-7864-0290-3.
- From Soap Stars to Superstars: Celebrities Who Started Out in Daytime Drama. (as Annette D'Agostino), Renaissance Books 1999; ISBN 1-58063-075-8.
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery: The Official Directory. A Visit with 135 Stars and Founders of Historic Hollywood. (as "Celebrity Biographer: Annette Lloyd, Production Coordinator"), Hollywood Forever Cemetery, 2003.
- The Harold Lloyd Encyclopedia. (as Annette D'Agostino Lloyd), McFarland 2004; ISBN 0-7864-1514-2.
- Harold Lloyd's Rogues' Gallery (as Annette D'Agostino Lloyd; private publication), 2005.
- Harold Lloyd: Magic in a Pair of Horn-Rimmed Glasses. (as Annette D'Agostino Lloyd), BearManor Media 2009; ISBN 978-1593933326.
- "Harold Lloyd: A Look at the Legend", The Silent Film Newsletter, Vol. II, No.5, 1994.
- "Harold Lloyd: A Comic Genius Learns Comedy", Classic Images magazine, 1995.
- "Harold Lloyd's Leading Ladies: A Comparative Examination", The Silent Film Monthly, Vol. III, No.6, 1995
- "Silent Film Comedy as Redefined by Harold Lloyd", Films of the Golden Age (magazine), Winter 1997-98.
- Catalog for Screen Snapshots (film series) for Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, 1998.
- Behind the Planet of the Apes, research, Van Ness Films (video documentary), 1998.
- Lost in Space Forever, research, Van Ness Films (video documentary), 1998.
- "Silent Cinema's Most Normal Guy", from The Hollywood Archive: The Hidden History of Hollywood in the Golden Age, Angel City Press, 2000.
- Silent Film Necrology, 2nd Edition by Eugene Michael Vazzana. (Foreword by Annette D'Agostino Lloyd), McFarland 2001, 0-7864-1059-0.
- Liner Notes from The Harold Lloyd Collection, Vol. 1 (Slapstick Symposium) (as Virginia Lyon), Kino International, 2004.
- Behind the Silver Screen: Stories from Residents of the Motion Picture & Television Fund Retirement Community (as Contributing Writer), Variety Custom Publishing, 2005.
- "The Thrill of It All: The Man Who Dared", Variety, Custom Publishing, Commemorative Issue on Harold Lloyd, 2005.
- "All-American Boy Makes Good: The Life of Harold Lloyd", Variety Custom Publishing, Commemorative Issue on Harold Lloyd, 2005.
- "Sheen on Dean", Variety Custom Publishing, Commemorative Issue on James Dean, 2005.
- A Review of "Flickers of Desire: Movie Stars of the 1910's", Quarterly Review of Film and Video, 30:3, 235-40 (ISSN 1050-9208 [Print], 1543-5326 [Online]), 2013
- "The Moving Picture World: Where Everything Old Is New Again", The Silent Film Quarterly, Fall 2015.
- Bebe Daniels: Hollywood’s Good Little Bad Girl by Charles Epting. (Foreword by Annette D'Agostino Lloyd), McFarland 2016, 978-1-4766-6374-6.
- The Welsh in Hollywood. Alfresco TV for ITV (UK), 1999.
- R.I.P.: Great Cemeteries of the World – Hollywood Forever. Minds Eye Entertainment for The Travel Channel, 2002.
- From Soap to Stardom. E! Entertainment TV, 2003.
- Hollywood: Ghosts and Gravesites. Delta Entertainment for The Discovery Channel, 2003
- They Started on Soaps, I, II and III. SOAPNet, 2003.
- Douglas Fairbanks: The Great Swashbuckler. Delta Entertainment (DVD), 2005.
- Rudolph Valentino: The Great Lover. Delta Entertainment (DVD), 2005.
- The Harold Lloyd Comedy Collection. Audio commentary and supplemental material, New Line Home Entertainment, (DVD), 2005; ISBN 0-7806-5288-6.
- The Lot of Fun: Where the Movies Learned to Laugh
- Harold Lloyd: Hollywood's Timeless Comedy Genius
- Annette Lloyd's original HaroldLloyd.com content, with updates
- Annette D'Agostino Lloyd on IMDb
- 24Caret Editorial Consulting, Annette Lloyd's Full Bibliography via web.archive.org
- Harold Lloyd's LA Locations: Annette Lloyd gives a tour of film locations in downtown Los Angeles via YouTube.com
- Annette D'Agostino Lloyd at KSFF 2011 (speaking at the Kansas Silent Film Festival, 2011)